Nine point grading system for measuring scholastic achievements:
English Class- X
Prose : 1. The two gentle men of Verona
2. The Frog and the Nightingale
5. Letter writing
9. Story Writing
1. Novel Reading (Chapter 1 -3 )
3. Role Play: Work in groups of three. One student will act as a TV anchor and the other two will play the roles of Nicola & Jacopo. Before holding the interview the anchor will prepare a list of appropriate questions to ask the brothers who will answer them on the basis of what happens in the story. (Two gentleman of Verona)
4. Debate will be held on 15th on the topic – Women empowerment.
Prose : 1. Mrs. Packletide’s tiger
5. Diary entry
7. Subject verb Agreement
9. Story Writing
1. Novel Writing (Chapters 4-6)
3. Letter Writing-
(a) As Mrs. Packletide write a letter to Loona Bimberton inviting her to the luncheon party you are giving in her honor. Do say that you are enclosing the tiger-claw brooch with the letter.
(b) As Loona Bimbertoon write a reply declining Mrs. Packletide’s invitation. Give a polite explanation.
Discussion : On the basis of your understanding the poem (mirror) discuss the following:-
The reasons why truth and reality are often hard to accept.
4. Declamation will be held on 15th on the topic : Child Labour
4. Collect necessary information on Satyajit Ray and write a short bio-sketch.
5. Extempore Competition will be conducted in the class on 15th.
November : Prose : 1. Virtually True
2. Poetry : The rime of the ancient mariner
4. Diary Entry
5. Article Writing
6. Report Writing
7. E-mail writing
8. Data Interpretation
9. Active & Passive voice
10. Story Writing
1. Novel Reading (17-20 chapters)
3. Hold a press conference in the class on the hospitalization, treatment and recovery of Shultz. Two students will act as Shultz’s parents and two others will play the role of doctors treating him. The rest of the class will be press correspondents who will ask the four different questions about Shultz’s accident, treatment and chances of recovery on the basis of the reading of the poem ‘Snake’ complete the following table :
Poetic Device Examples
4. JAM Session will be held on 15th on the topic related to : Environment, Social Evils, Politics, Current Affairs, Favorite Historical incident
Create a table using various attribute of a table.
Revision Test of Lesson 1 to 4, Practicals for SA I and Theory SA I .
Lesson 7:Introduction to MS Access
Lesson 8: working with tables
MS Access Project 1: page no 148
Lesson 9:introduction to XML
Creating a web page using XML.
Lesson 11:social impact of IT
Revision for SA II
Revision and Practical for SA II
SA II and Result
MONTHDAYHoliday of OccasionsAPRIL8th April TuesdayRam Navami 13th AprilSundayMahavir Jayanti14th AprilMondayDr. Ambedkar Jayanti/ Baisakhi Summer break 25th May 2014 to 6th JULY 2014 JULY 29th July TuesdayId-ul-fitr31st JulyThursdayMartyom day of Shaheed Udham SinghAUGUST10th AugustSundayRaksha Bandhan15th AugustFridayIndependence Day Celebration18th AugustMondayJanamastami OCTOBER2nd OctoberThursdayGandhi Jayanti3rd OctoberFridayDushera6th OctoberMondayId-ul-zula8th OctoberWednesdayMaharishi Valmiki Jayanti9th October ThursdayPrakash Utsav Guru Ram Das ji11th OctoberSaturdayKarva Chauth23rd OctoberThursdayDeepawali25th OctoberSaturdayBhai DujNOVEMBER6th NovemberThursdayGuru Nanak Jayanti24th November MondayGuru Teg Bahadur Martyom DayDECEMBER25th DecemberThursdayChristmasJANUARYWinter Break 1st January 2015 to 13th January 201526th JanuaryMondayRepublic DayRavi Das Jayanti17th FebruaryTuesdayShivratri6th MarchFridayHoli28th MarchSaturdayRam Navmi