1. get through 已考义项：通过；完成待考义项：接通电话；到达
(1) There were a lot of people standing at the door and the small girl couldn’t get ______.
A. between B. through ______C. across D. beyond
(2) Hardly could he______this amount of work in such a short time. (2007天津)
A. get through B. get off
C. get into D. get down
2. get along 已考义项：对付得过去待考义项：相处；有进展；有喜色
—How are you managing to do your work without an assistant?
—Well, I______somehow. (2006重庆)
A. get along B. come on
C. watch out D. set off
3. get over 已考义项：克服；康复 待考义项：越过
(1) If we can______our present difficulties, then everything should be all right.
A. come across B. get over
C. come over D. get off
(2) It was not a serious illness, and she soon______it. (2004天津)
A. got over B. got on with
C. got around D. got out of
4. get in 已考义项：收割待考义项：进入，抵达
We have to______the wheat as soon as possible because a storm is on the way.(2004湖北)
A． get away B． get across
C． get through D． get in
5. get down to 开始做正经事，to为介词，后接名词、代词、动名词做宾语
(1) The final examination is coming up soon. It’s time for us to______our studies. (2004辽宁)
A． get down to B． get out
C． get back for D． get over
(2) Isn’t it time you got down to______the papers? (2006 重庆)
A. mark B. be marked
C. being marked D. marking
6. get together 联欢，聚会
We’re going to______with some friends for a picnic. Would you like to join us? (2004北京、安徽春季)
A. get in B. get over
C. get along D. get together
7. get away from 已考义项：回避待考义项：摆脱
His mother had thought it would be good for his character to______from home and earn some money on his own. (2002北京)
A. run away B. take away
C. keep away D. get away
get待考短语：get up 起床；get across 被理解，使通过； get back 回来，恢复；get down 下来，写下，开始做某事；get home 到家；get into 进入，陷入；get off 下车（马、船、飞机）；get on 上车（马、船、飞机）；get out 出去；get to 到达，着手做某事
8. put back 把……放回去
You can take anything from the shelf and read, but please______the books when you’ve finished with them. (2004全国卷Ⅰ)
A. put on______ B. put down
C. put back D. put off
9. put out 已考义项：扑灭待考义项：出版；生产；关掉
The forest guards often find campfires that have not been______completely. (2004全国卷Ⅱ)
A. turned down B. put out
C. put away D. turned over
10. put away 把……收起来，储存，备用
Before the war broke out, many people
in safe places possessions they could not take with them. (2004重庆)
A. threw away B. put away
C. gave away D. carried away
put待考短语：put aside 把某事放在一边；put down 写下，镇压；put in 投入，放进；put off 推迟；put on 穿上；put together 装配；put up 张贴，举起，建造，搭起，进行；put up with 忍受
11. make up 已考义项：编造待考义项：构成；弥补；化装
Everybody in the village likes Jack because he is good at telling and______jokes. (2005江苏)
A. turning up B. putting up
C. making up D. showing up
12. make out 已考义项：理解待考义项：辨认
The idea puzzled me so much that I stopped for a few seconds to try to______ . (2003北京春季)
A． make it out B． make it off
C． make it up D． make it over
make待考短语：make for 有利于；make it 做到；make ... into ...拿……制成；make of 用……制造；make from 用……制造；make ... out of用……做；make a face做鬼脸；make one’s way 前进；make way for替……让路。
13. come up with 已考义项：提出______待考义项：赶上
—Have you______some new ideas?
—Yeah. I’ll tell you later. (2007江苏)
A. come about B. come into
C. come up with D. come out with
14. come out 已考义项：被出版待考义项：长出
The dictionary is being printed and it will soon______ . (2005福建)
A． turn out B． come out
C． start out D． go out
15. come about 发生，强调过程
(1) It’s already 10 o’clock I wonder how it______that she was two hours late on such a short trip. (2006湖北)
A. came over B. came out
C. came about D. came up
(2) Please tell me how the accident______. I am still in the dark. (2005江西)
A． came by B． came upon
C． came to D． came about
16. come down 下来
—Four dollars a pair? I think it’s a bit too much．
—If you buy three pairs, the price for each will______to three fifty． （2006安徽）
A． come down B． take down
C． turn over D． go over
17. come on 已考义项：（表示劝说、激励、不耐烦等）来！快！得啦！ 未考义项：（灾难、恐惧等）突然向……袭来；（想法等）突然产生；跟着来；进步、进展；开始（……起来），袭击，来临
—I’m dead tired． I can’t walk any farther, Jenny.
—______ , Tommy. You can do it! （2006江西）
A． No problem B． No hurry
C． Come on D． That’s OK
come待考短语：come across 偶然遇到；come along 出现，到来；come at 扑向；come back 回来；come from 来自于；come home 回家；come in 进来；come into 进入；come out first 得第一名；come over 过来；come round 绕道来；come to sb. (that) 被某人提出；come to sth. 共计，达到；come to an agreement 达成协议；come to a decision 做出决定；come to an end 结束；come to light 真相大白；come to oneself 苏醒过来；come to terms with 甘心忍受；come up 长出，发芽；come into use 开始使用；come into being 事物局面形成；come into effect 开始生效；come true 实现
18. cut in 插嘴
I was just talking to Margaret when Jackson______ . （2005湖南）
A． cut in B． cut down
C． cut out D． cut up
19. cut off 已考义项：使隔绝待考义项：切断（电源、自来水、煤气等）
He was in hospital for six months. He felt as if he was______from the outside world. (2004北京、安徽春季)
A. cut out B. cut off
C. cut up D. cut through
cut待考短语：cut up 切碎；cut down 砍倒，削减；cut out 切掉；cut short 剪断
20. act as 临时性充当、担任
We went to Canada to travel and my cousin______as our guide. (2005湖南)
A． played B． showed
C． acted D． performed
act待考短语：act out 用手势和语言表演（某件事）；act on / upon 按照……行动，对……起作用
21. keep ... to oneself 将……作为秘密保守
You will find as you read this book that you just can’t keep some of these stories to______. You will want to share them with a friend. (2005湖南)
A． itself B． yourself
C． himself D． themselves
22. keep up with 赶上
Would you slow down a bit, please? I can’t______you. (2001北京、安徽、内蒙古春季)
A． keep up with B． put up with
C． make up to D． hold on to
keep待考短语：keep away (from sth.) 避开；keep back 阻止，隐瞒；keep fit 保持健康；keep sb. from doing sth. 阻止某人做某事；keep (good) time （钟表等）走得准；keep hold of 抓住；keep sth in mind 牢记某事；keep off 避开；keep on doing sth. 继续做某事，反复做某事；keep out 把……挡在外面；keep up 保持……使不低落；keep watch 守望；keep the law 遵守纪律；keep the rule 遵守规章制度；keep one’s word / promise 说话算数
23. break down 已考义项：坏掉；把……分成若干部分 待考义项：打破，毁掉；破除；制服；坍塌；（计划等）失败，不成功；(健康、精神)垮下来；中止，停顿
(1) The computer system______suddenly while he was searching for information on the Internet. (2006辽宁)
A. broke down B. broke out
C. broke up D. broke in
(2) To understand the grammar of the sentence, you must break it______into parts.
A． down B． up C． off D． out
24. break out 已考义项：（火灾）发生待考义项：（战争）爆发；（争吵）爆发
I was still sleeping when the fire______ , and then it spread quickly. （2006广东）
A. broke out B. put out
C. came out D. got out
break待考短语：break in破门而入，闯入；break into强行进入，闯入；break into pieces 破成碎片；break in two破成两半；break through 突破；break up打碎，分开；break the law 违法；break the rule 违背规章制度；break one’s word / promise 说话不算数；break one’s heart 使某人心碎
25. pick out 已考义项：辨认待考义项：挑选
It was so dark in the cinema that I could hardly______my friend. (2007四川)
A. turn out B.bring out
C. call out D. pick out
26. pick up 已考义项：（偶然地、无意地）获得、学会 待考义项：继续；恢复；收拾、整理；捡起、拾起；（车辆等）中途搭（人）、中途带（货）；（在无线电里）收听到
She______Japanese when she was in Japan. Now she can speak it freely. （2006福建）
A.picked out B. made out
C. made up D. picked up
27. bring about 导致，引起，带来
His idea of having weekly family meals together, which seemed difficult at first, has______many good changes in their lives. (2005重庆)
A． got through B． resulted from
C． turned into D． brought about
bring待考短语：bring up 抚养，从嘴里吐出；bring back 归还，使记起；bring in引进
28. give up 放弃
—Smoking is bad for your health.
—Yes, I know. But I simply can’t______ .(2002北京、安徽、内蒙古春季)
A. give it up______ B. give it in
C. give it out______ D. give it away
29. give out 已考义项：耗尽，用完待考义项：放出，发出；发表；分发；精疲力竭
What shall we use for power when all the oil in the world has______ ? （2005山东）
A. given out B. put out
C. held up D. used up
give待考短语：give in 屈服，让步；give away 赠送，泄露，出卖；give off 放出，发出；give way to 顺从，让……优先
30. fall down 已考义项：下降待考义项：倒塌；跌倒
In some western countries, demand for graduates from MBA courses has______. (2004全国卷Ⅳ)
A. turned down B. turned over
C. fallen down D. fallen over
31. go ahead已考义项：请便待考义项：往前走，前进
(1) —I wonder if I could possibly use your car for tonight?
—______ . I’m not using it anyhow. （2006 全国卷Ⅰ）
A. Sure, go ahead B. I don’t know
C. Yes, indeed D. I don’t care
(2) —Could I use your computer for a few moments, please?
—______. I’m not using it myself. （2007陕西）
A. Come on B. It depends
C. Go ahead D. That’s great
32. go by 已考义项：时间流逝 待考义项：从旁经过
—Didn’t you have a good time at the party?
—Of course I did. As a matter of fact, I had such fun that time seemed to______so quickly. （2007安徽）
A. go by B. go away
C. go out D. go over
33. go over 已考义项：审查______待考义项：复习
Would you please______ this form for me to see if I’ve filled it in right? (2007浙江)
A. take off B. look after
C. give up D. go over
34. go in for 已考义项：爱好 待考义项：参加，从事
I don’t______ rock ‘n’ roll. It’s much too noisy for my taste. (2004北京)
A. go after B. go away with
C. go into D. go in for
go待考短语： go down下降，下沉；go away走开；go out出去，扑灭；go off爆炸；go in进去；go too far过分；go up上升；go without没有……勉强凑合；go through经历，遭受，完成；go bad食物变质；go mad发疯；go red脸色变红；go wrong出毛病；go smooth进展顺利
35. turn out 结果证明是，见分晓
We wanted to get home before dark, but it didn’t quite______ as planned. (2004浙江)
A. make out B. turn out
C. go on C. come up
36. turn to 已考义项：求助于 待考义项：转向；翻到；变得，变成
She’s having a lot of trouble with the new computer, but she doesn’t know whom to______. (2007重庆)
A. turn to B. look for
C. deal with D. talk about
turn待考短语：turn in 上交；turn over 翻开；turn against 背叛；turn back 返回，翻回到；turn down 拒绝，把音量开小一点；turn on 打开；turn off 关掉；turn up 出现，把音量开高一点；turn into 变成；turn ... into ... 把……变成……；turn…into reality 把……变为现实；turn (a)round 转过身来；by turns 轮流；out of turn 抢先；take turns轮流
37. set up 已考义项：建立，创立 待考义项：竖立；张贴
For all these years I have been working for others． I’m hoping I’ll______my own business someday. （2006江西）
A. turn up B． fix up
C. set up D． make up
38. set out 已考义项：着手 待考义项：出发，起程
It’s ten years since the scientist______on his life’s work of discovering the valuable chemical. (2004江苏)
A. made for B. set out
C. took off______ D. turned up
set待考短语：set about 着手做某事；set aside 拨出；set back 把……往回拨；set off出发，使爆炸
39. stick to 坚持（原则、计划、办法）
Once a decision has been made, all of us should______it. (2004湖北)
A． direct to B． stick to
C． lead to D． refer to
stick待考短语：stick out 伸出，突出
40. look through 已考义项：仔细检查待考义项：浏览；复习；透过什么看；看透
1 have______all my papers but I still can’t find my notes. (2007全国卷Ⅱ)
A. looked through B. looked for
C. looked after D. looked out
41. look out 已考义项：当心 待考义项：向外看
—______ for the glass!
—It’s OK. I’m wearing shoes. (2004湖南)
A. Look out______ B. Walk out
C. Go out______ D. Set out
42. look into 已考义项：调查 待考义项：往……里看
The building around the corner caught fire last night. The police are now______the matter. （2006湖北）
A. seeing through B. working out
C. looking into D. watching over
43. look up 已考义项：向上看 待考义项：（在……中）查寻，查找
(1) “Goodbye, then,” she said, without even______from her book. (2007全国卷I)
A. looking away B. looking up
C. looking down D. looking on
(2) We’re trying to ring you back, Bryan, but we think we______your number incorrectly. （2006浙江）
A. looked up B. took down
C. worked out D. brought about
look待考短语： look up to尊敬； look down upon瞧不起；look like看起来像；look as if / though似乎；look behind向后看；look back to / on回顾；look at 看着，着眼于；look for寻找；look forward to向往；look sb. in the eye(s) / face直视某人；look after照顾；look over查看；look round / around环顾，四处打量；look on / upon ... as 把……看成……；look sb. up and down上上下下打量某人；have / take a look at看一看
44. let out 已考义项：泄露（秘密、消息）待考义项：放出；发出（声音）；出租
He accidentally______he had quarreled with his wife and that he hadn’t been home for a couple of weeks. (2004湖南)
A. let out______ B. took care
C. made sure______ D. made out
let待考短语：let alone 更不必说；let sb. / sth. alone 听任，不打扰；let sb. down 让某人失望；let fly at 把……射向；let sb. in 放某人进去；let sb. into 让某人进去
45. hand over 移交
It is certain that he will______his business to his son when he gets old. (2004福建)
A． take over B． think over
C． hand over D． go over
hand待考短语：hand in 上交；hand out 分发；by hand用手工（做）；from hand to hand从一人之手传到另一人之手；hand in hand 手拉手；shake hands with sb., shake sb. by the hand, shake sb’s hand 和某人握手；at hand 在手边，在身边；on the one hand ... , on the other hand 一方面……，另一方面……；fall into one’s hands 落入某人之手；have a hand in 染指于
46. take in 欺骗；吸收
Don’t be______by products promising to make you lose weight quickly. (2007辽宁)
A. taken off B. taken out
C. taken away D. taken in
47. take sth. seriously 认真对待
He began to take political science______only when he left school. (2007湖北)
A. strictly B. truly
C. carefully D. seriously
48. take up 已考义项：占去；开始从事待考义项：拿起；（车等）接纳（乘客）
(1) Helen always helps her mother even though going to school______most of her day. (2004广东)
A. takes up______B. makes up
C. saves up______ D. puts up
(2) After he retired from office, Rogers
painting for a while, but soon lost interest. （2006山东）
A. took up B. saved up
C. kept up D. drew up
take待考短语：take off 飞机起飞，事业腾飞，脱衣服；take a chance / one’s chance冒险，碰运气；take away 拿走；take back 收回；take down 记下，取下；take on 呈现，雇用；take out带出去，拿出；take over接管
49. hold on to 抓住……不放
We thought of selling this old furniture. But we’ve decided to______it. It might be valuable. (2002)
A. hold on to B. keep up with
C. turn to D. look after
hold待考短语：hold up 高高举起；hold back 阻挡，抑制，退缩；hold one’s breath屏住呼吸；hold out 坚持住；hold together 使粘在一起，团结一致；get hold of 抓住
50. work out 已考义项：产生某种结果待考义项：锻炼；设计出，制订出；算出
We had wanted to finish our task by noon, but it didn’t quite______as planned. (2007陕西)
A. find out B. give out
C. hand out D. work out
work待考短语：work on 致力于，从事于；work at 从事
51. call for 已考义项：需要 待考义项：喊某人同往某处
It’s the sort of work that______a high level of concentration. （2007山东）
A. calls for B. makes up
C. lies in D. stands for
52. call up 已考义项：召唤，回忆待考义项：汇集；打电话
As I grew up in a small town at the foot of a mountain, the visit to the village______scenes of my childhood. （2006湖北）
A. called up B. called for
C. called on D. called in
call待考义项：call back 回电话；call in 叫进；call on 号召，拜访；call sb. names辱骂某人；call off 取消
53. die down 已考义项：渐弱，渐渐平息 待考义项：枯萎
Although the wind has______ , the rain remains steady, so you still need a raincoat.（2006湖北）
A. turned up B. gone back
C. died down D. blown out
die待考短语：die of 死于内因；die from 死于外因；die out 灭绝
54. cheer up （使）振奋，（使）欢呼
—I’m thinking of the test tomorrow. I’m afraid I can’t pass this time.
—______! I’m sure you’ll make it. （2006天津）
A. Go ahead B. Good luck
C. No problem D. Cheer up
55. care for 已考义项：照顾______待考义项：愿意；喜欢；关心
After the earthquake，the injured were cared______in the hospitals or taken by air to the hospitals in the neighboring cities.（2006江西）
A. of B． for C. after D. with
56. leave behind 已考义项：离开______待考义项：把……落下来，把……忘掉
—Are you going to have a holiday this year?
—I’d love to. I can’t wait to leave this place______ . （2006江苏）
A. off B. out C. behind D. over
leave待考短语：leave ... alone 别管；leave ... be 别打扰；leave for 前往；leave ... for ... 离开……去……；leave out 省略，遗漏
57. ask for 要求获得
Before building a house, you will have to______the government’s permission. （2005全国卷Ⅲ）
A． get from B． follow
C． receive D． ask for
58. have on 穿着（强调状态）
Could you please tell me where you bought the shoes you______ yesterday? （2005辽宁）
A． tried on B． put on
C． had on D． pulled on
have待考短语：have a good time 玩得痛快；have ... to do with 与……有……关系；have to 不得不
59. refer to 已考义项：参考 待考义项：指的是；提及
The president spoke at the business meeting for nearly an hour without______his notes. （2005浙江）
A． bringing up B． referring to
C． looking for D． trying on
60. see sb. off 给某人送行
John is leaving for London tomorrow and I will______him______at the airport. （2005广东）
A. send; away B. leave; off
C. see; off D. show; around
see未考短语：see through 看透，识破；see to 负责，注意，照看，处理
61. lead to 已考义项：导致______ 待考义项：通向
We firmly believe that war never settles anything. It only______violence. (2007浙江)
A. runs into B. comes from
C. leads to D. begins with
62. be popular with 受……欢迎
This magazine is very______with young people, who like its content and style. (2007湖北)
A. familiar B. popular
C. similar D. particular
63. be fond of 喜欢，爱好
More and more young people are fond______playing tennis nowadays. (2006上海)
A. on B. to C. in D. of
64. be curious about 对……感到好奇
People have always been curious______how living things on the earth exactly began. （2006辽宁）
A. in B. at C. of D. about
be待考短语：be interested in 对……感兴趣；be surprised at 对……惊讶；be satisfied / content / pleased with 对……满意；be proud of 对……自豪；be terrified at 因……而害怕；be clear about 对……清楚；be aware / conscious of 意识到……；be skeptical of / about 对……怀疑；be sensitive about 对……敏感；be kind / friendly to 对……友好；be strict with 对某人严格；be strict in 对某事严格；be patient with 对某人耐心；be polite / impolite to 对某人礼貌 / 不礼貌；be rude to 对某人粗鲁；be thankful / grateful to 对某人感激；be good to 对……有好处；be good at 对……学得好；be particular about 对……挑剔; be sure of / about 对……有把握；be joined to / connected with 和……连在一起；be associated with / related to 和……有联系；be separated from 和……分开；be divided into 被分成；be made up of 由……构成；be angry with 对某人生气；be busy / occupied with 忙于；be lost / absorbed / deep in 沉溺于；be crowded with 挤满了；be full of / filled with 装满了；be late for ……迟到；be covered with 覆盖着；be covered by 被……覆盖；be tied to 被系在……；be crazy about 对……狂热；be familiar with 对……熟悉；be familiar to 对某人来说是熟悉的；be similar to 和……类似；be different from 与……不同；be particular about 对……挑剔；be famous / known for 因……著名；be famous /known as 作为……有名；be afraid of 害怕；be addicted to 对……上瘾；be cruel to 对……残忍；be clever at 在……乖巧；be expert at 精通；be overcome with (grief, sorrow)(悲伤)至极
65. close down 关闭
If the firms failed to make enough money, they would______ . (2007湖北)
A. close down B. call off
C. turn down D. set off
66. in case of 如果；以免
(1)______fire, all exits must be kept clear. （2007天津）
A. In place of B. Instead of
C. In case of D. In spite of
(2) The open-air celebration has been put off______bad weather. (2007浙江)
A. in case of B. in spite of
C. instead of D. because of
67. in a way 在某种程度上
—I think he is taking an active part in social work.
—I agree with you______ . (2007 陕西)
A. in a way B. on the way
C. by the way D. in the way
68. in exchange for 作为对……的交换
I have offered to paint the house______a week’s accommodation. (2007山东)
A． in exchange for B． with regard to
C． by means of D． in place of
69. in terms of 已考义项：就……而说______待考义项：用……的话；以……的观点；根据……
achievement, last week’s ministerial meeting of the WTO here earned a low, though not failing, grade. (2006湖南)
A. In terms of B. In case of
C. As a result of D. In face of
70. in favour of 赞同，支持
My sister was against my suggestion while my brother was______it. （2006陕西）
A. in favour of B. in memory of
C. in honour of D. in search of
71. by chance 碰巧
We hadn’t planned to meet. We met______chance. （2005全国卷III）
A． of B． in C． for D． by
72. in that case 假如那样的话
—I’m afraid Mr. Wood can’t see you until 4 o’clock.
—Oh,______I won’t wait. （2005浙江）
A． no doubt B． after all
C． in that case D． in this way
73. for the moment 已考义项：暂时待考义项：一下子
The classroom is big enough______ , but we’ll have to move if we have more students. （2005福建）
A． for the moment B． on the moment
C． in a moment D． for a moment
74. out of one’s reach 够不着
I keep medicines on the top shelf, out of the children’s______ . （2004天津）
A. reach B. hand C. hold D. place
75. for fear of 以免，以防万一
He got to the station early,______missing his train. （2004江苏）
A. in case of B. instead of
C. for fear of D. in search of
76. in case 如果，以防万一，万一
My parents live in a small village. They always keep candles in the house______there is a power out. （2007重庆）
A. if B. unlessC. in case D. so that
77. so that 已考义项：以便，为了，引导目的状语从句 待考义项：结果，引导结果状语从句
I’d like to arrive 20 minutes early______I can have time for a cup of tea. （2005北京）
A． as soon as B． as a result
C． in case D． so that
78. even though 即使
Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice,______they knew it to be valuable. (2007浙江)
A. as if B. now that
C. even though______D. so that
未考考点： in order that 为了，引导目的状语从句；even if 即使，引导让步状语从句；as if / though 似乎，引导表语从句或方式状语从句。
79. in fact 实际上
The winner of 1990 was extremely bad. ______most people say it was the worst winter of their lives. （2004浙江）
A. At last B. In fact
C. In a word D. As a result
80. as a result 结果
My friend Martin was very sick with a strange fever;______ , he could neither eat nor sleep. (2005江西)
A． as a result B． after all
C． any way D． otherwise
81. as far as 已考义项：就……范围而言 待考义项：和……一样远
______I can see, there is only one possible way to keep away from the danger.（2004北京、安徽春季）
A. As long as B. As far as
C. Just as D. Even if
82. on the other hand 另一方面
I would like a job which pays more, but
I enjoy the work I’m doing at the moment. (2006浙江)
A. in other words B. on the other hand ______C. for one thing D. as a matter of fact
83. what’s more 再者，更何况，更重要的是
Maggie has been fortunate to find a job she loves and,______ , she gets well paid for it. (2005浙江)
A. sooner or later B. what’s more
C. as a result D. more or less
84. generally speaking 一般说来
______, the more expensive the camera, the better its quality. (2005全国Ⅲ)
A． General speaking
B． Speaking general
C． Generally speaking
D． Speaking generally
85. above all 首先，尤其重要的是，最为重要的是
I’d like to buy a house—modern, comfortable, and______in a quiet neighborhood. (2004福建)
A． in all B． above all
C． after all D． at all
86. no wonder 难怪，怪不得
—Brad was Jane’s brother!
—______ he reminded me so much of Jane! (2004浙江)
A. No doubt B. Above all
C. No wonder D. Of course
87. after all 毕竟，终究，到底，要知道（位于句首时含有别忘了之意，用来表示听话人似乎忘记了某一个重要环节而需要被加以提醒；位于句末时有出乎意料之意）。
People may have different opinions about Karen, but I admire her.______ , she is a great musician. （2004全国卷Ⅲ）
A. After all B. As a result
C. In other words D. As usual
88. in turn 已考义项：反过来待考考点：轮流
A clean environment can help the city bid for the Olympics, which______will promote its economic development. （2006山东）
A. in nature B. in return
C. in turn D. in fact
待考插入语式短语：in return 作为报答；that is (to say)就是说；what’s worse 更糟糕的是；besides 更何况；or rather 更确切地说；believe it or not 信不信由你；altogether 总之；in a word 总之；in other words 换言之；worst of all 最糟糕的是；in one’s opinion, in the opinion of sb. 以……之见；similarly 类似地；exactly 非常确切，确切地
89. as long as 长达；和……一样长；只要，引导条件状语从句
After supper she would sit down by the fire, sometimes for______an hour, thinking of her young and happy days. （2003上海春季）
A. as long as B. as soon as
C. as much as D. as many as
90. plenty of 足够的，大量的，修饰可数名词或不可数名词
We always keep______spare paper, in case we ran out. （2006浙江）
A. too much B. a number of
C. plenty of D. a good many
91. more than 已考义项：超过 待考义项：不仅仅
—Do you need any help, Lucy?
—Yes, The job is______I could do myself. (2007福建)
A. less than B. more than
C. no more than D. not more than
92. lack of 缺少
Health problems are closely connected with bad eating habits and a______of exercise. (2007辽宁)
A. limit B. lack C. need D. demand
1. —Why didn’t you call me up last night?
—I phoned you but I couldn’t______through at all.
A. get B. go C. live D. pass
2. How are you______with your English study at present? Very well?
A. getting along B. coming up
C. keeping up D. catching up
3. After the doctor’s scientific treatment, the patient soon______his serious illness.
A. get off B. let out
C. got over D. left out
4. There is not much time left, so let’s______ to our business, otherwise we can’t finish
A. turn back B. get down
C. look forward D. live up
5. Having quarrelled with her father and mother, the little girl______away from home without telling anybody.
A. got B. ran C. went D. moved
6. I’m not good at expressing myself and I can’t______what I say when I speak to others.
A. get over B. get across
C. run cross D. go over
7. After reading the storybook, the young man it______on the bookshelf.
A. put; back B. put; down
C. put; off D. put; out
8. Shortly after the fire broke out, the firemen arrived and put______the fire.
A. down B. out C. off D. away
9. Don’t use up all the money, you should some for the future use.
A. put away B. take away
C. give away D. leave out
10. If you have a question to ask your teacher, you can______up your hand.
A. send B. give C. set D. put
11. I know that you are______up a story again; I won’t believe you any longer.
A. making B. turning
C. putting D. setting
12. At that time it was so dark outside that I couldn’t______out the way at all.
A. give B. make C. turn D. let
13. It is well-known that a good beginning usually______for a better result.
A. heads B. runs C. goes D. makes
14. —Can you swim over to the other side of the river in ten minutes?
—I’m sure that I can______it.
A. get B. make C. take D. act
15. His new book will______out next month, and I’m eager to read it.
A. move B. come C. turn D. go
16. I really don’t know how the traffic accident came______ . Perhaps carelessness caused it.
A. out B. up C. about D. down
17. —I’m afraid that I can’t pass the exam,because I haven’t prepared for it.
—______. You are sure to pass it.
A. Come on B. Hurry up
C. Calm down D. Look out
18. We didn’t plan to meet here as you imagine; I______her just now.
A. came across B. came to
C. turned to D. stuck to
19. The machine came______in 2000, and has already produced many useful tools ever since.
A. into being B. into use
C. into effect D. true
20. To our greatest joy, our final income______ to one hundred thousand yuan.
A. got B. came C. went D. turned
21. Tom and Mary, don’t cut______when I speak to others, will you?
A. up B. down C. off D. in
22. If you surf the Internet for too long a time, you will feel you are cut______from the
A. off B. out C. down D. through
23. If you don’t______down the prices of your computers, I will not buy one.
A. put B. let C. cut D. set
24. I don’t know who can______as my guide when I pay a visit to that place of interest.
A. act B. playC. perform D. show
25. Children, don’t tell me the main idea of the text in words; try to______it______ .
A. put; out B. act; out
C. get; out D. make; out
26. Don’t let out the news; please______it to yourself.
A. make B. keep C. set D. get
27. Tom, would you please slow down a little?
A. hold on to B. look forward to
C. keep up with D. make up for
28. The girl always______her courage in front of any danger; we should learn from her.
A. keeps up B. holds up
C. turns up D. picks up
29. Why are you late again? Did your car______half way once again?
A. break out B. break down
C. break in D. break off
30. Last night a quarrel______between them and they said goodbye to each other.
A. broke down B. broke through
C. broke up D. broke out
31. The man spoke in a strange voice and I couldn’t______whose voice it was.
A. turn out B. pick out
C. take out D. bring out
32. The middle-aged woman stopped her car in front of the primary school to______ her son.
A. pick up B. take on
C. get on D. turn up
33. This new teaching method has______a series of changes in teachers’ teaching as well as students’ learning.
A. brought out B. brought up
C. brought about D. brought in
34. As far as I know, after her parents’ death,the girl was______by her youngest uncle.
A. brought up B. taken up
C. set up D. made up
35. When they returned from abroad, they______much scientific technology.
A. handed in B. took in
C. turned in D. brought in
36. Smoking does great harm to our health, so we should______as soon as possible.
A. give it in B. give it out
C. give it away D. give it up
37. After a long time of walk, both the horse and its rider______ .
A. gave up B. gave in
C. gave away D. gave out
38. In my opinion, you shouldn’t______ before any difficulty.
A. give in B. give up
C. give off D. give away
39. Don’t______the secret otherwise you should answer for what you have done.
A. send out B. turn out
C. give away D. leave out
40. I like these flowers very much, because they______a sweet smell.
A. let off B. give off
C. set off D. turn off
41. What pleased me most was that the price of the computer has______ .
A. fallen down B. dropped out
C. fallen out D. set down
42. —Excuse me, but can I use your English-Chinese dictionary now?
—______. I’m not using it now.
A. Don’t mention it B. That’s all right
C. Go ahead D. You’re welcome
43. How time flies! Another three years have already______ .
A. gone over B. gone away
C. gone out D. gone by
44. You should______your notes completely before this important exam.
A. look over B. go over
C. turn over D. run over
45. I just can’t imagine why you play computer games all day long. I don’t______it at all.
A. go in for B. take part in
C. play a role in D. play a part in
46. During that terrible war, he______through all kinds of hardships.
A. got B. went C. lived D. pulled
47. I never thought she would give me any help, but she______to be my good assistant.
A. turned out B. turned up
C. turned off D. turned down
48. If you really don’t know what this word means, you can______a dictionary.
A. stick to B. go to
C. turn to D. point to
49. The young woman invited me to dance with her but I______her invitation.
A. turned off B. turned out
C. turned down D. turned away
50. When the famous actress______at the party, all the fans cheered up.
A. turned up B. turned on
C. turned in D. turned out
51. They______a medical team to treat all the patients suffering from this kind of illness.
A. set up B. set out
C. set about D. set off
52. When will you______to correct the students’ exam papers? We’re eager to know the result.
A. set about B. set down
C. set out D. set off
53. We can’t use up all the money; we should______some for the future use.
A. set out B. set off
C. set aside D. set down
54. Since you have made a promise, you should do your best to______it.
A. turn to B. stick to
C. refer to D. devote to
55. You should look______all the lessons we have recently learned, otherwise you can’t pass this exam.
A. for B. at C. up D. through
56. Look______ ! The bridge over this wide river is broken.
A. up B. out C. back D. behind
57. After the terrible accident, they tried every possible means to look______its
A. into B. for C. through D. after
58. If you want to call up Mr. Zhang, you can look______his telephone number in this telephone number book.
A. into B. at C. for D. up
59. Don’t you know as students we should look______to our teachers at any time?
A. back B. forward C. up D. out
60. Who has won the election is still a secret.Don’t______it out.
A. let B. leave C. give D. keep
61. —I’m afraid that I can’t do my work well.
—We believe in you. You’ll never let us______.
A. out B. in C. down D. off
62. As you can imagine, he handed______his business to his son when he retired.
A. over B. in C. out D. down
63. You should do your exercises carefully and hand______your exercise books before eight o’clock.
A. out B. in C. down D. on
64. Some advertisements always try to cheat the customers so we should watch out not to be taken______ .
A. on B. up C. down D. in
65. Mr. Smith, can you have a word with me?I won’t take______too much of your time.
A. off B. away C. down D. up
66. As long as you work really hard, your career is sure to______ .
A. take off B. go off
C. go up D. rise up
67. Now, the strong wind has______ , so let’s go out to do our work.
A. died out B. died down
C. gone away D. gone out
68. These wild animals are gradually______ ;so we should try to protect them.
A. dying out B. dying away
C. dying down D. going out
69. His grandfather died______cancer on the afternoon of last Wednesday, which made his family very sad.
A. out B. by C. of D. down
70. The leaders of our school called______us to study hard, and we should try to do so.
A. for B. on C. in D. up
71. This problem is really very difficult; so to work it out calls______great patience and care.
A. on B. for C. up D. off
72. The familiar music from the radio called my happy childhood.
A. up B. in C. off D. out
73. Because of the sudden change of weather,we called______the sports meeting.
A. out B. off C. back D. in
74. —I fear that I can’t win the game.
—______. I’m sure that you can win it smoothly.
A. Go ahead B. Good luck
C. Cheer up D. No problem
75. Your mother is seriously ill, so you should______her very well.
A. care for B. care about
C. look over D. watch for
76. When you leave the room, don’t______ anything important.
A. fall behind B. lay behind
C. leave behind D. look behind
77. Write down all the words on the lackboard; don’t______any word.
A. leave out B. leave behind
C. drop out D. fall out
78. If you get into any trouble, don’t forget to______my help.
A. send for B. call for
C. ask for D. run for
79. This middle-aged woman likes to wear a red shirt but she______a white one today.
A. puts on B. tries on
C. pulls on D. has on
80. In all his letters to me, he often______ to his favourite friends.
A. turns B. refers C. sticks D. points
81. Mary will return to her hometown tomorrow; let’s go to the airport to______ her______ .
A. drive; off B. send; away
C. send: back D. see; off
82. Her diligence as well as hard work______ to her success in many aspects.
A. leads B. goes C. turns D. moves
83. This book is______with children and almost every child likes to read it.
A. familiar B. similar
C. popular D. particular
84. The driver was______the strange noise, so he stopped his car to find out where it came from.
A. fond of B. satisfied with
C. curious about D. lost in
85. The girl is______about food, which does harm to her health.
A. worried B. particular
C. concerned D. sure
86. I’m familiar______this picture, but that picture is not familiar______me.
A. with; to B. to; with
C. with; with D. to; to
87. This picture is very______to that one and I can’t tell the difference between them.
A. familiar B. similar C. same D. like
88. You should stop smoking before you are______to it.
A. stuck B. pushed
C. pulled D. addicted
89. After her husband’s death, the young woman was______with sorrow.
A. covered B. occupied
C. busy D. overcome
90. The factory has______and all of its employees had to do something else.
A. closed down B. fallen down
C. dropped out D. fallen out
91.______sudden cold weather, you should put on your overcoat.
A. In spite of B. In case of
C. In favour of D. In face of
92. At that time, we provided them with vegetables______their rice.
A. in exchange for B. in place of
C. by means of D. in charge of
93. I think that you should describe what you saw______science.
A. in front of B. in the name of
C. in face of D. in terms of
94. Some people are against the plan while others are______it.
A. in search of B. in memory of
C. in favor of D. in honor of
95. They didn’t mean to meet there. They met______chance.
A. by B. in C. at D. on
96. You can’t speak in class.______you are sure to be punished.
A. In that case B. In this way
C. By that means D. In a way
97. Boys and girls, please put away your textbooks______and let’s have a dictation.
A. for a minute B. for a moment
C. for a while D. for the moment
98. Please hand me that Chinese-English dictionary, because it is out of my______ .
A. touch B. reach C. cover D. sight
99. He ran to the station at the top of the speed______missing the first train.
A. in place of B. instead of
C. for fear of D. in search of
100. You can take some newspapers with you______you will have to wait for a long time.
A. in case B. so that
C. as if D. even if
101. The young woman got to the cinema two hours ahead of time______she could get
a good position.
A. so that B. in case
C. as if D. now that
102. The woman looks twenty-five but______ she is already twenty-eight.
A. at last B. as a result
C. in fact D. in a word
103. It rained heavily for three days, and______all the crops were washed away.
A. anyway B. above all
C. after all D. as a result
104.______I can see, there is not a student on the playground playing football.
A. As well as B. As far as
C. As long as D. As well as
105. I’m sure you can pass the exam,because you study very hard and______ you are so clever.
A. on the other hand
B. in other words
C. as a matter of fact
D. for one thing
106. She is sure to help you, because she is your best friend and______she is so kind.
A. more or less B. sooner or later
C. as a result D. what’s more
107.______ , boys are more active than girls in everyday life.
A. Generally speaking B. In turn
C. In return D. Indeed
108. We should save everything—food,money, and______time.
A. after all B. at all
C. above all D. in all
109. —She studies very hard and she is so clever.
—______ she stands out in every subject.
A. No doubt B. No wonder
C. All right D. Above all
110. As we all know, theory comes from practice and______serves practice.
A. in return B. in need
C. in turn D. in fact
111. She gave me much help when I was in trouble and______ I gave her some money.
A. in return B. in turn
C. in order D. in fact
112. At that time, I felt very hungry, and______I had lost my wallet.
A. or rather B. worst of all
C. above all D. what’s worse
113. When I go shopping this evening I’ll buy some food.______I’ll buy some fruit.
A. Besides B. Indeed
C. Generally D. Naturally
114. His daughter arrived home very late last
night,______early this morning.
A. that is B. or rather
C. in other words D. in a word
115. She is kind. She is diligent. She is considerate.______she is a good girl.
A. Naturally B. Actually
C. Altogether D. Generally
116. A machine needs fuel to run.______ man needs food to live on.
A. Actually B. Generally
C. Similarly D. Naturally
117. Let her go out to work.______she is no longer a child.
A. After all B. Above all
C. At all D. In all
118.______you are kind and honest to others, you are sure to win their respect.
A. As well as B. As far as
C. As soon as D. As long as
119. I think this magazine is______ a magazine. It is also a good material for education.
A. less than B. not more than
C. not less than D. more than
120. It is well-known that______of air can cause a man to die very quickly.
A. loss B. lack C. limit D. failure
Keys: 1. A2. A3. C4. B5. A6. B7. A8. B9. A10. D11. A12. B13. D14. B15. B16. C17. A18. A19. B 20. B21. D22. A23. C24. A25. B 26. B27. C28. A29. B30. D31. B 32. A33. C34. A35. D36. D37. D 38. A39. C40. B41. A42. C43. D 44. B45. A46. B47. A48. C49. C 50. A51. A52. C53. C54. B55. D 56. B57. A58. D59. C60. A61. C 62. A63. B64. D65. D66. A67. B 68. A69. C70. B71. B72. A73. B 74. C75. A76. C77. A78. C79. D 80. B81. D82. A83. C84. C85. B 86. A87. B88. D89. D90. A91. B 92. A93. D94. C95. A96. A97. D 98. B99. C100. A101. A102. C103. D104. B105. A106. D107. A108. C109. B110. C111. A112. D113. A114. B115. C116. C117. A118. D 119. D120. B