1. Thoroughly describe the setting of the story.
2. Describe both internal, and external conflicts in the story.
3. What major events occur in the story?
4. How is the story structured, and what does each part of the story tell us?
5. Who is the protagonist, and who is the antagonist of the story?
6. What do you believe to be the theme of the story? Give specific examples to explain your reasoning.
7. How does the story's structure reflect "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" themes?
8. At what point does the reader suspect Farquhar is only dreaming his escape?