1. Dr. Duane Diffenbach, Deer Biologist Penn State University- “Linking Deer and Forest Management in PA: The Deer Forest story” Deer movements and habitat use in PA’s state forests-adult bucks and doesfitted with satellite GPS collars. THIS IS GROUND BREAKING RESEARCH!
2. Andy Bensing, Pres of PA Blood Trackers- “Using Trained Tracking Dogs to Ethically Recover Big Game Animals” Experiences with owners and handlers using trained dogs to recover big game animals that otherwise might be lost.
3. Dr. Mark Conner, Deer Biologist and Manager of Chesapeake Farms- “Twenty Years Of Quality Deer Management : History And Lessons For Success” Dr. Conner instituted qdm in the early 1990’s and has continued it to the present.
4. Dr. Steve Homyack and Barry Buhay, SEPA QDMA officers and founders of the Texter Mt/ South Mt. QDM Co op- “Hunt It Like You Own It.” Public land hunters can team up and partner with the PGC and QDMA to create hunting opportunities comparable to private land qdm successes. Open discussion encouraged.
5.Dr. Mark Conner, Deer Biologist and Manager of Chesapeake Farms- “Using GPS To Understand Movements Of Mature Bucks: Implications For Hunting And QDM.” GPS following Bucks 3.5 years or older. Where do they disappear and hunter avoidance.
6. Food Plots- “Getting Started And Maintenance Of Existing Plots” Time set aside to answer your food plot questions.
Member___________ New Member___________Enclose check $25 to SEPA QDMA