1. You have mentioned in your annual report that 4 schools of the 11 schools you are running are running ok. Why are 4 schools running ok and not running well? What is ok and what does running well mean?
Ok means want of village peoples interest because of their economic condition. They have to seek their daily wages they don't have own land.
2. Annual report says: "One school at Garughutu is not upto mark, reason: the adivasi students have a problem with understanding Assamese which is the medium of instruction." How are you solving the language problem this year?
A teacher is being arranged to teach Assamese to the Adivasi children
3. You mention a 10% overhead in your budget. 10% of the total amount that you have proposed is a lot. What is it for?
Office, School boundary, Guest expenditure need some Money..
4. Is Asha-SV funding vocational training and women's self help groups? We are funding tailoring teacher. What about tailoring machines?
Sastra Sima Bal (SSB) gave 8 Sewing Machines and AID gave 2 Machines. AID discontinued fund for vocational training so we took from SV. Now AID will fund this year.
5. How many of the coordinators, volunteer funded by Asha-SV work for vocational training of poor women and self help groups?
Asha SV is funding for 11 workers (Coordinator, volunteer & vocational Training of women SHGs)
6. Is any money for medicines/mosquito nets/medical aid going towards women's self help group participants?
Medicine is given to students only. Mosquito net is given to student, Teachers and Asha Darshan staff. Women SHG is not given any thing.
7. Who was the resource persons for teacher training? Please give their contact detials. We would like to talk to them. Was Mahesh a resource person? What language does the resource persons use for training?Will it be possible to havesomebody from Ekalavya as a resource person?
Resource persons Name and Phone numbers given below
We don't have any knowledge of Ekalavya. They may be helfull for origami. Mahesh come only ones and taught about RTI to staff and taught with teachers teaching.
8. Where is the teacher training arranged? What is the reason for the high cost of food: 150per day per person.
If we take teachers for training out side the cost will be Rs. 150 on food, and if we do it locally the cost will come down.
9. Has cornflakes been introduced for the mid day meal? What is the break up of the Rs.13,20,000 for food?
The cornflask will be deleted from next month. Flatone rice, Gaggri, Milk will be given for mid day Meal. The cost of this menu is given annual report because of pries this expenditure will rise about 10%.
10. Why is cornflakes being considered for the mid day meal? According to us it costs more and not as nutritious enough for the children.Is it possible to get local cereals which could be made ready to eat? Can we suggest alternative food for Mid Day Meal, since we have some experience with other projects in Tamil Nadu that provide nutritious and wholesome mid day meals at the same cost. We could discuss this more when I call you.
Many student cannot afford to bring utensil from home there are served on tree leaf plats.
12. What is the education magazine? How does it benefit the students?
We propose to publish education magazine which will include health written by Doctors and student will write short story and easy. This will be only ones a year.
13. What is Exposure visit for students? What class students go for this and what is the basis for selection of children for the Exoposure visit?
The students are taken to Zoo, Museum, according to their age.
14. What is VEDC's?? What do they do?
There is village Education development committee. Constituted of village adults and Teacher. They discuss about functioning of school and future development.
15. Were the books that were sent to India by Omprakash foundation useful at Asha Darshan? How did it benefit students who don’t understand english? Is it possible to work towards getting some local books and initiating some form of library?
Books sent by Omprakash Foundation are use full. Teachers tale the story in the local language. To the students like to glance at colourfull stories.
16. Are there government schools in that region? Are there government schools near any of the Asha Darshan centers? How is the government involved in starting more schools in that region? Is it actively working on that? Can we initiate the government to start more schools in that area?
There is not Govt. school near Asha Darshan Schools. We are approaching Govt. but it is not successful.
17. What is the qualification of the teachers working for Asha Darshan. We would like to get more details of the teachers, (1) qualification, (2) number of years working with Asha Darshan, (3) previous experience, (4) number of traning sessions attended after joining Asha Darshan, (5) languages they understand and languages they speak. Please give us a table consisting of all this information for all the teachers and Asha Darshan Team.
18. We read in your annual report that the teachers went to Uttranchal for Exposure visit/traning. Why was this place picked? What language was used during the training?
Only one teacher accompanied to uttarnchal. This was for the Asha Darshan Staff to see the working of the volunteer organization in that area. Language of Hindi used.
19. What happens to the children after they leave Asha Darshan schools? How many students go for higher studies? How many go for vocational training? How many go for jobs after coming out of school? Please give some detials about a few children that have gone for higher studies and children who have taken up vocational training.
Student are mostly going to Higher education.
20. Please give more details about the vocational training oppurtinities available for girls and boys coming out of Asha Darshan schools.
Horti culture, Sericulture, Tailoring, Food preservation cum taught.
21. How many students actually attend the schools on any average day, when there is no rain? We would like to see your attendance registers if possible.
The attendance in the School is very high a few some times are absent if ill. Attendants are available over can come and see.
22. Is the two-wheeler (scooty) that was bought last year still in good condition and is it being used?
The scooty is in good condition and this in used.
23. How much money left over from last year do you have right now? How long will it last?
There is no money left it is all expend.
24. We want to discuss the budget in more detail since the proposed budget has increased by a good percentage compared to last year. We want you to think about where you might be able to reduce the budget. I will talk to you in more detail when I call. Also, we want to make sure that there is no surplus next year also. So, we want to send as much money as required untill you send in the next budget proposal.
Increase in no staff prise raising market and increasing in Honorarium has increased the budget amount.
25. Finally, this is a very important question. How do you assess your growth over the last 7 years? How do you think Asha Darshan schools have made a difference to the communinty and children? Where do you see Asha Darshan schools in the next few years. You have been expanding very fast over the last years, do you plan to expand further?
1196 students have starting reading in Asha Darshan Schools they would have remained illiterate without Asha Darshan School because there are no other Schools.