Plan for transfer of Medicaid eligibility responsibility to Native TANF providers.
Increase enrollment of IHS patients eligible for Medicaid to Enhance Federal Financing of Benefits. (ANMC and YKHC).
Implement a statewide refugee assistance program in partnership with Catholic Social Services.
Continue develop of a tribal Food Stamps demonstration project with Tanana Chiefs Conference.
Work with Tribal CCDF grantees to improve the integration of Child Care services to Native families.
Implement the CC capacity in rural communities plan.
Strengthen regional coordination of services across DHSS.
1. Feasibility study; see Section plan
Out station and training under way.
2. ANMC will be in implementation; YKHC will be in planning.
3. MOA signed; FY06 procurement in process for statewide contract. Meeting in May 05 to determine services. Convene other partners for similar services
4. Work team met 7/11; full work plan in development.
5. In Progress
6. Workload and staff resource issue.
7. Plan in development.
Retrete in July. Regional council capacity building grant almost done.
Collaborate with Alaska Job Center Network partners to move from co-location to true integration of employment services.
Participate in Job Center redesign projects at the five CEG sites (Juneau, Mat-Su, Kenai, Fairbanks, and Muldoon).
Maintain an active role in the operations & management of the Alaska Job Center Network.
Investigate options of Mat-Su collocation of licensing specialist and CC resource and Referral staff at job center.
3. DPA expanded space is secured. Collocation options are being explored.
Leverage technology to enhance service provision and information sharing within the department and with partner agencies and to increase remote access/‘self-service’ features.
Define the Division’s IT needs and priorities. Ensure IT has a plan project and work request priorities, including capital investments and a long-term technology strategy for EIS.
Complete strategy and begin implementation for a common Consumer Information / Master Client Index pilot, including parameters for information sharing and confidentiality.
Implement the AJCN web based common orientation tool in at least one site.
Implement ICCIS use statewide; incorporate Pass I; plan for system modifications and maintenance.
Implement enhanced online manuals.
Implement SSOL for SSA.
1. Leadership Team met 7/26/05. Paul and Margo putting together project list with timeframes, resources, and funding sources. Paul going to 08/05 APHSA-ISM.
2. Strategy being redefined by MCI team.
3. Now meeting to discuss updating and ongoing maintenance.
4. System is in test. Pilot Office includes Juneau, Kenai, Mat-Su and Valdez. Starts 8/15/05 Juneau.
5. 08/05 begin training Yvonne on Robo Help.
6. Off wait list; first meeting 5/17/05.
Mary to follow up with Paul.
Assess and adopt strategies that leverage statewide support units and call center.
Complete a workload analysis to examine caseload trends, resourcing strategies and shifts (e.g. contracting), workload methods (Call Center), complexity, and increasing partnerships.
1. RFP delayed new timeline being developed based on adjusted scope. Adjust ed target RFP release last August early Sept.
GOAL #3: Quality Workforce
Enhance employee recruitment, and retention to reduce the risk of turnover.
Provide training to supervisors on writing PDs, HR hiring processes, effective evaluations, and exit interviews.
Define and implement HR database / tracking tool.
1. Leadership staff exchange hiring questions, screening options, best practices; Evaluation Learning Summitt module. Testing exit interview on line. Trying to arrange Classification design materials/workshops for writing PDs.
2. Pilot implemented 7/1/05 working on next steps, i.e. RFP, Evaluation, etc.
Expand cross-training and career development initiatives within DPA and with partner agencies.
Conduct a series of Learning Summits to ~ 10 sites.
Expand the use of e-learning tools, e.g. electronic pre-packet and NetMeeting.
Establish coaching and mentoring program and ensure training.
Create a training internship program.
1. Start planning for FY06
Done. Will do AAR in July.
2. Nome and Bethel pilot 95% complete.
4. Initiate 7/1/05 Scope of work
Align and streamline job classifications to support an integrated client-centered model. This needs to be revised.
Submit to the Department the ET and WDS series’ to DOP for reclassification study.
Contribute to DHSS evaluation and reclassifications of the Admin. Clerk series.
1. Will initiate revision of Minimum Qualification/Substitution. Plan is to include PAA series, too.
2. DHSS responded to DOP inquiry on 7/27/05 to include DPA for those admin clerks that are performing front desk duties in our storefront operations and meeting with the public on an extensive basis.
Implement leadership development programs that mitigate the risks of turnover and promote a culture of teamwork.
Define key leadership jobs & critical experience and competencies / minimum qualifications for each.
Pilot Personal Development Plans for the Extended Leadership Team members.
Identify and leverage personal development opportunities for staff, such as Summit, Peer Review and Hiring team participation.
1. Division Chiefs are to create Section/Unit strategies for positions needing knowledge transfer. ET, WDS, and PAA classes identified 7/26/05 for change in MQ.
Enhance performance improvement and quality initiatives to meet or exceed the accuracy and timeliness of benefits.
1) Sustain the Food Stamp accuracy campaign.
2) Develop improved accuracy measures for Medicaid and APA programs.
3) Develop and sustain contract site and contract compliance review process. Incorporate assessment methods to add Child Care contracts into the process.
4) Develop and implement PERM Quality Assessment process and supporting structure.
5) Improve capability to measure application processing and benefit issuance timeliness.
6) Maintain fraud control and benefit recovery practices, while increasing trend information sharing.
1. Ongoing updates with emphasis on campaign.
2. Involves special QA projects and sampling, APA pilot test underway. FY06 expand APA sampling methods. Implement PERM for Medicaid.
3. Pilot assessments this month with Child Care provider.
4. A lot of parts. Positions authorized (7). Rules exp 8/05 w/implementation 10/05. Implementation timetable may be difficult. Possible federal delay.
5. WR 5818; Requirements Defined. Need programming resources. Some testing in progress. On FY05 priority list. Project has three components.
6. Claims/fraud info posted on webpage. Annual Fraud report complete. Plan to explain claims recovery resources. Project underway for claims activity summary reports. Possibly the end of July Sys Ops.
Establish integrated performance management processes that align individual, team and organizational goals with the mission of DPA.
2. FMS is working on informal SLA for IT services. No activity with HR and Grants and Contracts.
Identify and as appropriate, implement changes that help to contain programmatic and administrative cost of services.
1) Evaluate FY06 financial management plans and development FY07 operating budget changes.
2) Plan and develop FY07 Capital budget.
3) TANF investment strategies.
1. Initiate in July 06
Due to DHSS August 2005, due to OMB October 2005.
3. Ron K. is updating plan from our 7/26/05 meeting.
Ensure continuous improvement efforts drive progress and key performance indicators.
1) Continue effective and efficient delivery of Work Services.
2) Create an evaluation and feedback culture through self-assessments, Quality Councils, and effective monitoring.
3) Implement DHSS Fair Hearing process improvements.
1. During FY06 will revise and enhance our performance measurements by developing new payment points for FY07. FY06 reporting requirements to improve monitoring process. Incorporate recommendations of EIOP review as needed.
2. Mary R. implementing Field Services, Ellie F. working with Mary to implement Support Unit Council; Claudia to convene Quarterly After Action Review. S EIOP review in June 2005 AAR scheduled for June 15, 2005.
3. DHSS Workgroup is developing recommendations for process improvements.
Reduce predictable risk and ensure the health and safety of children in childcare.
License CC providers, implement quality improvement initiatives, and develop Early Learning Guidelines.
1. Early Learning Guidelines on hold until June.
Ensure continuation of program funding by meeting federal program compliance standards
Timely Completion and submittal of quarterly federal financial reports for Food Stamps, Medicaid, TANF, and CCDF.
Timely completion and submittal of the LIHEAP State plan.
EBT cash and food settlement and reconciliation.
1. See work plan.
Jim and Mary R. to work on bonus money plan.
2. CCDF Plan will be submitted by July, which will require modification prior to approval.
3. Submitted 5/2/05, next due 11/05; need to track how we handle transition with Val Horner leaving.
4. Ongoing. Deadlines fall quarterly.