Complete this part for a renewal application or a new waiver that replaces an existing waiver. Select one:
Service is included in current waiver. There is no change in service specifications.
Service is included in current waiver. The service specifications have been modified.
Service is not included in the current waiver.
Service Definition (Scope):
Consumer-directed attendant care services are service activities performed by a person to help a consumer with self-care tasks which the consumer would typically do independently if the consumer were otherwise able. The service activities may include helping the consumer with any of the following non skilled
(2) Bath, shampoo, hygiene, and grooming.
(3) Access to and from bed or a wheelchair, transferring, ambulation, and mobility in general. It is
recommended that the provider receive certification of training and return demonstration for transferring.
Certification for this is available through the area community colleges.
(4) Toilet assistance, including bowel, bladder, and catheter assistance. It is recommended that the
provider receive certification of training and return demonstration for catheter assistance. Certification
for this is available through the area community colleges.
(5) Meal preparation, cooking, eating and feeding but not the cost of meals themselves.
(6) Housekeeping services which are essential to the consumer’s health care at home.
(7) Medications ordinarily self-administered including those ordered by a physician or other qualified
health care provider. It is recommended the provider successfully complete a medication aide
course administered by an area community college.
(8) Wound care.
(9) Assistance needed to go to or return from a place of employment and assistance with job related
tasks while the consumer is on the job site. The cost of transportation for the consumer and
(10) Cognitive assistance with tasks such as handling money and scheduling.
(11) Fostering communication through interpreting and reading services as well as assistive devices
(12) Assisting or accompanying a consumer in using transportation essential to the health and welfare
of the consumer. The cost of the transportation is not included.
Specify applicable (if any) limits on the amount, frequency, or duration of this service:
A unit of service is one hour or one eight to 24 hour day. Consumer Directed Attendant Care services may be provided to a recipient of in-home health related care services, but not at the same time. There is an upper limit per hour for an agency provider and an individual provide and there it can not exceed an upper daily rate. These limits are subject to change each year. The individuals’ plan of care will address how the consumer health care needs are being met. The Case Manager will monitor the plan.
(check one or both):
Individual. List types:
Agency. List the types of agencies:
Any individual who contracts with the consumer to provide attendant care services