Zone IV – Poblacion, Atimonan, Quezon
It is a place for scenic viewing of Lamon Bay and Alabat Island.
The Mermaid Along Lamon Bay
Maharlika Highway, Atimonan, Quezon
A well-known landmark along the coastal national road going to the Bicol region is supposed to signify the marine nature of the livelihood of the municipality. The place is also called Lamon Bay. The mermaid is a copy of the sculpture of the Little Mermaid in Denmark. Like the one in Denmark, it also sits on top of a big boulder. It is located along the beach of Lamon Bay.
Roman Catholic Park
Barangay Zone IV – Poblacion, Atimonan, Quezon
It is a mini-park located in front of the Roman Catholic Church.
San Diego Park
Barangay Villa Bota, Gumaca, Quezon
It is also known as the park outside the town because it is located 2 kilometers away from the Poblacion.
Gumaca Rizal Park
Barangay Rizal, Gumaca, Quezon
Built in 1935 during the incumbency of Eriberto Caparros, By the year 1982, it was modernized, renovated and lighted.
Marcos Tigla Park
Formerly known as Paseo Rizal, named after the legendary founder and first Governadorcillo of Lucban, the park is the site of fine monuments and other structures, including the Idyll of the Sea and the Fountain of Wisdom, which symbolize a mother transferring wisdom to her son.
Located at the eastern approach of the Poblacion, it affords visitors a panoramic view of the town. It is presently being developed as a potential tourist spot because of its ideal location and cozy environment. A monument called Bantayog ng mga Bayani was built in this place to commemorate the heroic struggle of the WWII veterans of Lucban.
Formerly known as Plaza Dela Revolution, it is one of the finest masterpieces of art in the country. The monument stands as a magnificent sculpture, made in perfect proportion as viewed from any angle. It illustrates the skillful talent of the famous Lucbanin artist, Ishmael Villaseñor, who was widely popular in international expositions during those days. Built in 1915, the park is still the favorite place for relaxation.
Manuel L. Quezon Monument
Perez Park, Lucena City, Quezon
It was erected in memory of the First President of the Philippines Commonwealth, who is known as “Ama ng Wikang Filipino” in support to his full measure of devotion and service to the cause of Philippine independence from the United States.
Quezon Provincial Capitol
This provincial government site of Quezon Province was built on a seven-hectare lot donated in 1908 by its former Governor, Don Felimon E. Perez.
Quezon Theme Park
This municipality is being developed as the “Theme Park” of the province. Sampaloc is a typical model Filipino community because of its culture, especially with the bayanihan spirit still widely practiced by the people. It was also adjudged as the cleanest municipality in Quezon in the 90s.
Constructed at the back of the Governor’s Mansion, it is frequently used as venue for various Cultural and Tourism activities. The motif was designed by Ugu Bigyan, a well-known mural and pottery artist depicting Pahiyas festivals of Quezon Province.
Lucena City, Quezon
This is the official residence of the past governors of the province and is now used as guesthouse for visitors. It is located in front of the Perez Park, overlooking the impressive plaza.
D & G Farms
Brgy. Masalakot I, Candelaria, Quezon
The site is a family farm which breeds pigs, fighting cocks, orchids and fruit trees. A river near it is also being developed to become a natural swimming pool. Those who may want to visit the piggery will have to take a bath for quarantine reasons
St. Michael the Archangel Minor Basilica
One of the oldest churches in the century, it was first built in 1585 and repaired in 1590 using nipa and palm. In 1600, they used bricks. The church was destroyed by an earthquake in 1743 and later rebuilt and made bigger in 1856.
Atimonan town proper
This church was first built in 1640 but was burned during an invasion. Rebuilt in 1643, it was partially destroyed by fire. During the Second World War, the whole town including the church was leveled off by bombings. Reconstruction of the church started in 1979.
Cathedral of San Diego de Alcala
Gumaca town proper
First established in 1582 on its present site, it was transferred to Silangan in the island of Alabat in 1638. It was burned by the Dutch forces in 1665; reconstructed and beautified in 1846. It is known as the biggest and oldest Catholic Church in the province of Quezon.
Church of Saint Louise of Toulouse
The first church was built in 1593 but was ruined in 1629. The second church was constructed between 1630 and 1640, but was razed by a fire in 1733. The present church was completed in 1738 and its interiors in 1743. It was partly destroyed during the Second World War and the Philippine Historical Conservation Society completed its renovation in 1966. The church is surrounded by gardens and grottos, and are surrounded by old stone walls regarded locally as the “quince-quince”.
Munting Malaguinoan Island
Malaguinoan, Burdeos, Quezon
In the smaller of the two Malaguinoan Islands, an image of the Blessed Virgin Mary stands. The image of the kneeling Mary was found out of a growing stone. Every boat, which passes near the island pay homage to the image to have a safe journey.
Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine
Dolores town proper, Quezon
The famous “pangkuan” is held every Friday of the week. Many people from the neighboring towns come to Dolores to attend the mass in honor of the Birhen Dolorosa. It is also known for the yearly “Viernes de Dolores” which falls either in March or April. It features the holy Mass and a “Turumba”, a dance praising the town’s patron saint. After the procession, most of the pilgrims proceed to the river or a resort for a refreshing bath of cold water.
Parish Church of Saint Francis de Assisi
Sariaya town proper, Quezon
The first church was built in 1599. The second church, built in 1965, was replaced by a third in 1641. In 1703, the town was transferred to Lumang Bayan, but the earthquakes and floods of 1743 destroyed the church and the town, and caused the people to transfer to the present site. The present church was built in 1748.
Buhay Na Kubol
General Luna, Quezon
A cultural practice similar to the Moriones of Marinduque is being observed every Holy Week. It starts with a Boling-Boling Festival before the Holy Week; participated in by residents dressed in soldiers’ attire used during the time of Jesus. The culminating event is the presentation of the 13 Stations of the Cross on Good Friday.
St. Ferdinand Cathedral
Lucena City, Quezon
It is located in the heart of Lucena City. Founded on March 1, 1881, the Parish Church of St. Ferdinand, now St. Ferdinand Cathedral, was constructed from May 1882 to July of 1884. On May 24, 1887, the newly built church was gutted down by fire and had to be reconstructed six months after.
Diving and Snorkeling
Padre Burgos, Quezon
It is a shallow coral area which abounds with starfish of several kinds, sea cucumber, sea urchins, jellyfish and gorgonians. Good for snorkeling.
Brgy. Hondagua, Lopez, Quezon
Located near the town proper of Lopez, continue driving towards the town of Calauag, then turn left leading to Brg. Hondagua. An alternative means is a trolley (or skid). Then hire a bance to reach the site.
Polillo Island, Quezon
Located just before the entrance to the cave of Polillo town, the coral reef has a length of about five kilometers and a width of about two kilometers. It is also a good spot for snorkeling and diving. Some parts are so shallow that any type of ship and banca will have to make a detour to avoid the reef area. Some parts have so-called walls which are more than a hundred feet deep.
The corals of Burdeos is one of the richest marine areas in Quezon. The particular site near the Kalotkot Island is one of the best-preserved areas.
The island is just off the town of Jomalig but still part of Burdeos. The 4.5 hectare island was established as a sanctuary by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources to protect the bird population in the area. At present, there are about five species of birds which are found in the island; the Nutmeg Imperial Pigeon (600), Black Naped Oriole (600), Rufus Night Heron (thousands), Amusling (thousands) and Swifts (50).
Polillo Island, Quezon
A coral formation which became an island is now a sanctuary for birds which fly over the main island of Polillo and its neighboring areas. Every afternoon, groups of birds gather in the sky and head towards the island to spend the night there.
Quezon is a tapestry of the old Spanish-style houses with Castillian architecture and character. Visit the old houses of Lucban, Tayabas, Sariaya, Gumaca and Mauban while savoring the best of the yield from lanzones plantations. Or come during the San Isidro Festival in honor of the patron of farmers, San Isidro Labrador. Take home petered rice paste strung in garlands for a souvenir and celebrate with the people this feast of thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest.
Visit the museum and take a sentimental journey to the past. The Manuel L. Quezon Shrine beside the old capitol of Lucena City is a storehouse of the writings and memorabilia of this great president.
Skirt around the mountains of Mt. Banahaw to watch the psychics at meditation and view the lush greens of tropical wildlife. Then stop for rare orchids and cutflowers from a thriving industry.
Swimming and leisurely beachcombing are possible in many of Quezon’s shorelines. Try the bay waters of Pagbilao, the beaches of Atimonan, the fringes of Lamon Bay and Tayabas Bay. There are also fishing grounds where the fresh catch may be broiled for a delectable lunch.