Your task is to create a collage showing the literary elements of character, setting, plot, conflict and resolution from a folk literature book you have read.
1. Take a sheet of construction paper and draw eight shapes: they can be
rectangles, squares, circles or any combination.
2. Behind each shape, glue notebook paper or white drawing paper. (It’s nice to
use a colored sheet of paper for this.)
3. In one section of the collage, you will place the title and author of the story or
4. Select one section to label "Character." In this section you will give the name
5. Select another section to label "Setting." Describe one setting from the story.
6. Select another section to label "Plot." (Use the largest section of the collage for
this section because you will be placing a brief summary of the story’s
7. Label another section "Conflict/Resolution." In this section you will describe the
main conflict in the piece you read, and you will tell how the conflict was
8. The final two sections will be used for you to show illustrations about the story.
9. Decorate the collage frame. Make sure your name is on the back of the
Rubric for Literary Collage:
_____title and author are provided in one section (5 points)
_____character is vividly described (10 points)
_____setting is vividly described (10 points)
_____plot summary includes highlights of the story (10 points)
_____main conflict of the story is described (5 points)
_____resolution to the main conflict is described (5 points)
_____two illustrations are provided and labeled (10 points)
_____correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, complete sentences
_____collage frame is neatly decorated/ neat, attractive presentation (20 points)
_____ student uses a loud/ clear voice and uses appropriate eye contact during presentation. ( 10 points)