This Section includes concrete restoration, structural crack-injection systems, anchoring compounds, crack repair compounds and joint sealant compounds.
It is the specific intent of this Section that at completion of the Work, all Concrete component structures listed in the plan sheet or schedules, shall be completely restored to operability.
The contractor is to be totally familiar with the existing conditions prior to bid.
This specification reflects only the use of products sold by Abatron, Inc. Other concrete restoration products may require additional handling and application procedures. In addition, other products may have physical properties incompatible with this specification.
9.5. Abojet 8610-3 for average cracks < 1/2 inch in cartridges only:
a. Viscosity: Medium, < 15 poises.
b. Resin/Hardener Ratio: 5/1.
9.6. Abojet 8702-3 for wider cracks > 1/2 inch in cartridges only:
a. Viscosity: Higher, < 60 poises.
b. Resin/Hardener Ratio: 5/1.
Product Substitutions: No substitutions permitted.
Part 3 Execution 3.1 MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS
A. Compliance: Comply with manufacturer's written technical data, including product technical bulletins and product carton installation instructions.
A. Site Verification of Conditions: Verify that substrate conditions, which have either been previously installed under other sections, or that existing site conditions, are acceptable for product installation in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
A. Other Trades: Protect installed work of other trades from staining or contamination.
1. For products Abocrete, Aboweld 55-1, Aboweld 8708-2, Abocast 8005-6, Abocast 8007-2 and BestBond. Remove oil, grease, wax, and old paint with detergents, solvents or strippers. Sandblast or acid etch concrete surfaces followed by neutralization with a soda ash solution if available. Rinse, dry and vacuum affected area. Deepen and widen thin cracks to allow filling with product.
B. Surface Preparation - Structural Crack Repair:
1. For products Abojet-1, Abojet-2, Abojet 8610-1, Abojet 8610-2,
Abojet 8610-3, Abojet 8702-3 and BestBond . Clean crack with water or compressed air to make crack accessible. Remove oil, grease, wax, and old paint with detergents, solvents or strippers.
C. Mixture - Concrete Restoration:
1. Abocrete: Pour resin and hardener in pail in accordance with manufacturer's recommended ratio. Mix thoroughly and add desired quantity of sand or aggregate. If temperatures are subfreezing, blend in AboCure 7912-1 in ratios as recommended by manufacturer.
2. Aboweld 55-1, Aboweld 8708-2: Mix in equal volumes and according to manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Abocast 8005-6, Abocast 8007-2: Mix thoroughly according to manufacturer’s instruction.
D. Mixture - Structural Crack Repair:
1. Mix resin and hardener in premeasured compartmented cartridge with mixing plunger.
A. Primer Coating:
1. For products Abocrete, Aboweld 55-1, Aboweld 8708-2. Prime existing smooth concrete surfaces with Primkote 8006-1.
2. Use primer as a tie coat between epoxy surfaces in accordance with
B. Application - Concrete Restoration:
1. For products Abocrete, Aboweld 55-1, Aboweld 8708-2, Abocast 8005-6 and Abocast 8007-2; apply at temperatures above 55® F. For non-slip surfaces, broadcast sand, grit or aggregate onto surface to cover resin completely before it hardens. Sweep off excess sand after resin hardens. Allow application to harden.
C. Application - Structural Crack Repair:
1. For products Abojet-1, Abojet-2, Abojet 8610-1, Abojet 8610-2, Abojet 8610-3 and Abojet 8702-3 . If access to backside is possible, seal cracked surface along backside of wall with Aboweld 55-1 to contain Abojet injected from front side. Pre-drill holes for insertion of injection ports. Insert injection ports into crack on front side of wall starting from bottom of crack every 8 to 12 inches. Aboweld 55-1 can be used to hold ports in place. Seal crack around ports and between them with Aboweld 55-1 or Aboweld 8708-2. Inject resin through lowest port, until resin starts oozing from port above that. Crimp lowest port shut to prevent resin backflow, and inject resin through next port above. Repeat process until no resin can be injected. After hardening, cut the ports flush to the surface and sand the crack surface to finish.
3.6 FIELD QUALITY CONTROL
Hardened compound should be tack-free and firm to the touch.
Remove hardware in the way of the repair and bag it for later restoration and /or reuse, identifying the component that it came from.
Protect adjacent surfaces from spills with masking tape and plastic sheeting.
Wear protective clothing, eyewear and gloves as noted in manufacturer’s MSDSs.