Frequency: Five sessions on phonic skills per week
Knowledge and Understanding of Environment/ World
Our aim is to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding that help children make sense of the world. We create a stimulating environment that offers a range of activities that encourage children’s interest and curiosity, both indoors and outdoors.
- Investigate place, objects, materials, living things by using all their senses, as appropriate
- Identify and name key features and properties of living things, objects and events
-Know about their culture, customs and beliefs, and those of other people in the -world
- Identify time – day, night, age, birthdays, days of the week, months, seasons
- Show an awareness of change, similarities and differences
- Communicate simple planning for investigations or constructions and makes simple records and evaluation of her/his work
Resources: Books, magazines, flash cards, charts, posters, pictures, CDs, films and short video clips, outings, field trips and outdoor activities, etc.
Frequency: Five sessions per week, following the topics from the yearly theme program.
Arts, Creativity and Music
Creativity occupies a very important place in our curriculum. We know that children’s responses to what they see, hear and experience through their senses are individual and the way they represent their experiences is unique and valuable. We provide resources and materials and leave room for children to make their own choices in order to express their ideas.
- Explore color, texture, shape, form and space in two and three dimensions