classification at 3 per unit or 12 for the second floor.1
10. Section l04.2.9 of the SBC does not require any sprinkling system in a two story apartment house which has less than l6 dwelling units.
11. The buildings in question are not required to be sprinklered.
allow this design without a variance.
13. The variance basically proposes to substitute a sprinklered building for one exit
for two second story apartments.
14. Two LFOs were present during the hearing and testified in favor of the design.
15. In fact, the Chief of the Washington Township Fire Department testified that he would like to see all two story apartments with small occupancy loads in Washington Township designed like this.
16. The FPBSC approved an almost identical variance for a 3 story condo (97-4-4)