1. Amen, all Gods asked the Goddess "O Mahadevi (Great Goddess) who are you?" She answered thus,
2. I am of the form of Brahma. The world made of Prakrati and purusha has emanated from me. I am the shunya (nothingness) and beyond the shunya.
3. I am joy and beyond the joy. I am knowledge and beyond the knowledge. I am the Brahman that everyone should Know and also the illusion. I am the world made of five elements and also beyond the world. I am this entire visible world.
4. I am the vedas and beyond the Vedas. I am the pure knowledge and the illusion. I am born and unborn. I am above and below, at the front and back.
5. I move about as Rudras and Vasus (a class of deities who are eight in number). I move about as Aditya and Vishwadeva (a class of deities, Adityas are 12 in number, one of them is the sun). I am the one who supports the sun, Varun, Indra, Agni and Ashwani kumar (they are two in number and doctors of Gods).
6. I support soma, Twashta, Poosha, and Bhag (a class of deities). It is I who supports Vishnu, Brahmadeva and Prajapati whose feet have pervaded the three lokas.
7. It is I who receives oblations offered in the sacrificial fire (Havana). It is I who give wealth to the devotees of God all over the world. I am the chief of all deities to whom are offered oblation in the sacrificial fire (Havana) I create all five elements from my own form. My place is in the intellect that is enlightened with the light of Atma. One who understands this, receive divine wealth.
8. the Gods spoke thus, Salutations to the Great Goddess, the bestower of auspiciousness. 'We all humbly surrender and obeys to the Prakruti (mother of entire creation). One who bestows benedictions and rules over the entire world.
9. We all surrender to Devi Durga. Who is having the complexion like the flames of burning fire, who is resplendent with the knowledge, who rewards the actions. Salutations to the destroyer of demons.
10. May that Goddess who resides in all beings as the power of speech, who is like wish-fulfilling Kamadhenu cow, be pleased with us and be always with us.
11. Salutations to the Goddess, who is the last night, who is praised by Brahmadeva, who is the power of Shri Vishnu, the mother of Shri Kartikeya, Shri Saraswati, Shri Aditi (mother of Gods), the daughter of Daksha and the consort of Shri Shiva.
12. We want to know more about Shri Mahalaxmi, we meditate on Shri Saraswati. May the Goddess encourage us to meditate more on her.
13. O Daksha, your daughter Aditi has given birth to Gods who are immortal and auspicious.
14. Kaama, yoni, Kamalaa, Vajrapani (Indra), Guhaa, hamsa, Maatarishwa, Abhra, Indra, Punarguhaa, Sakala, Maya, are the mantras (Vidya) of the Mother of the universe who herself is verily the Brahma.
15. She is the power of Atma. She is the one who is enticing the universe, weilding noose, goad, bow and arrow, the great knowledge (maha vidya). One who knows this, is liberated of all the grief.
16. Salutations to you O Bhagawati. O Mother! always look after us.
17. She is the eight Vasus. She is eleven Rudras. She is twelve Adityas. She is the Vishwadevas autorised and unauthorised to have somas (vibrations). She is Yatodhan, Asuras, Rakshasas, Pishacchas, Yakshas and siddhas (all astral beings). She is the Sattwa, Raja and Tamo Gunas. She is Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. She is Prajapati, Indra and Manu. She is stars and planets and constellations. O Devi, who is also of the form of Kala, Kashtha and Kala, (small units of time), the dispeller of sin, bestower of fulfillment and liberation unending, victorious, pure, the only one to be surrendered, the bestower of benevolence, of the form of auspiciousness, my salutations to you.
18. The Beeja mantra of Devi which is the combination of Viyat i.e. Ether (Ha) and 'ee' and fire (Ra) bedecked with crescent moon, fulfills all desires.
19. This Beeja mantram (Hrim) is described as single letter containing the Brahman and is meditated upon by Yogis of pure attention, who are verily the collection of knowledge, with great bliss.
20. The Mantra (Aem Hrim Kleem, Chamunda vicche) gives great joy to the devotees of the Devi and leads them to the Brahma realisation.
21. We should devote ourselves to that Devi who resides at the centre of our lotus hearts, whose glory is like that of a rising sun, whose face is pleasing, who is granting the boons and protection, who is three eyed and has put on red clothes and is fulfilling the desires of her devotees.
22. I salute to that great Goddess (Mahadevi) who destroys great fears, who removes great calamities and who is the great compassion personified.
23. Her form cannot be known even by deities like Brahmadeva and others and is therefore called as 'Unknown'. She has no end and is therefore called 'endless'. It cannot be known what is her aim and therefore she is called without aim. She has no birth and is therefore called 'unborn'. She is alone everywhere. Hence she is called one and the only. Although she is one yet the whole universe is her form. Hence she is called "not one". Therefore she has the names as Agnyeya, Ananta, Alakshya, Ajaa, Aika, Naika, etc.
24. That Devi, is 'Matruka' (i.e. letters which make mantras) in mantra, she is knowledge in words. In the knowledge she is beyond pure intelligence. In the nothingness, she is the witness. There is nothing beyond her, hence she is described as Durga.
25. I, who is afraid of the ocean of worldly affairs, salute to that Durga, who is inaccessible, who is the destroyer of all wickedness and saviour of the people from the ocean of illusion.
Verses of 'Devi Atharva Sheersha' from 'Durga Saptashati' were read, where the Devi speaks for Herself. Shri Mataji clarifies and explain in between:
> When you give joy to someone. The source of joy has to be beyond joy.
> I am the giver of knowledge.
> Without the light of "Atma" without the light of the 'Spirit' how can you know anything?
> You see the source is unborn, it can take birth because it is primordial, so it is unborn. Primordial is there it is absolute, but then absolute can take birth.
> Why not get Realisation? Without that what's the use of doing devi Puja. Without the knowledge of 'Atma', if you do any Puja, what is the use? You won't get Divine Blessings already said Thousands of years back.
> "Vaikhari" is the powers by which we speak.
> Any God's name you take, you ask are you this? ....... (Vibrations ....... ) Because the 'Shakti' of all those people is the essence of all those. Because I am that Shakti, that's why you get the vibrations. Ask anybody's name, even the saints, rishis, maharishis. 'Hanh' all of that is me. That is why that's the point they are trying to make.
> Beeja Mantra means say the "Vaikhari". Vaikhari is the power of Speaking. This power of speaking is made into mantras by people who have power of Realisation. Now, so, for them to improve, supposing they want to improve their centre, or they want to improve their left or right. They have to say the Beeja Mantras. If they say the Beeja Mantras: that area gets the 'beeja', then the 'beeja' has to sprout and has to grow. So the first step they have is to say the 'beeja mantra' and they have to say the different mantras of the different chakras. So, one is the 'beeja' and then is the tree. So if you know the 'beeja' first of all, you can implant a 'beeja' into yourself by saying that, and then you start saying all other. So, that's how you make it grow.
The word "Sanskrit" has come out of Kundalini's movement, when she makes a sound, all was recorded by the great saints and like that every Chakra has got vowels and consonants according to the number of sub-plexus they have, you can say petals they have and all of them make all the alphabets of Sanskrit language.
Sanskrit is made holy
This language was made holy. First it was one language, out of which two languages were born, was Latin and the one which was made holy was Sankrit. The Sanskrit language comes from the Saints. Who heard all those things and they made this and this is the energy of the "Vaikhari". Now the script is there, the 'Vaikhari' is there. The energy is there and this is the way you should say the instrument, but to make it work in a divine way, you have to make it into a mantra. To make it a mantra, any mantra you want to do, you must know first the 'beeja mantra'. Supposing, you want to raise your Kundalini, then the beeja mantra is 'reem' and from 'reem' you should go on to 'Om Twameva, Sakshat Shri Reem'. Then you should go on saying the mantras of all the deities that are there.
> You all have become 'Vidyavaan' now.
> Now you try to understand that how this 'vidya' has been penetrating into you slowly. Not with any teachers or anybody sitting with a stick in the hand. The whole 'Vidya' is exposed from within and without. Whatever I say, you can tally it on your Vibrations. So it goes into your hand. You don't accept it because I am saying but it is so, that's why you accept it. Supposing I say, this is water, then what, you will drink the water and you will see if it quenches your thirst. Then only you are going to believe that this is water, otherwise you are not going to believe. In the same way it is.
> We are 'Swayama - Siddhas'.
> "Ra" is the energy Radha. The one who sustain the energy is Radha. She is Mahalaxmi that is why She sustain the Kundalini.
> "Eee" is the Primordial Mother, and "Ra" is the energy that is Kundalini. So the 'Reem' means that you have the energy passing through the thing towards the Primordial Being. So "Reem" that is why the Yogis - because they believe only in connection. Yogis believe in Yoga and so they have to look after the energy and also the Primordial Mother. This is very important because that is how energy should be there - Kundalini as well as Primordial Mother. Fourtee thousands years before they have written all this which is the truth, which you know now. Now when you read this book (Devi Saptashati), you will understand.
> 'Chitta Swaroopini'. Right side that is 'Mahasaraswati'. Then 'Sattva Roopini' - Mahalaxmi, 'Ananda Roopini' - Mahakali and you all know all these things.
(For receiving the knowledge of the Brahma, we always meditate on you).
Without that you have got it, even without, meditation you got realisation. Now meditate you must. I don't what to do about that.
In the witness state you become zero. See your 'I' is no more in the witness state. You just see and there that is "Shoonya". So She's the one at the time when you are in 'Shoonya' state, who is the Shakti of that is She. You are in 'Nirvichara', thousands of people have that. Now they have found out who knows that. I know also if your Kundalini has passed through. So even if you may not know I'll say it is done you know. So she is the one who knows all your states. So the whole idea you can understand like a computer, that is already made so well that it records everything that happens and immediately I, like see I'm talking to you, suddenly a person is sitting. I say 'Hanh!' so the attention is there also. I am talking to you, attention is there, that Kundalini rises immediately. That's it.
MAHALAXMI HYMNS (CHAPTER 11 OF DEVI MAHATMYA Translation)
1-2. After the demon Shumba was killed by Devi, all Gods led by Indra and Agni praised the Devi as under:
3. O Devi who removes the grief of all those who surrender, be pleased by us. O mother of the whole world, be pleased, O Goddess of the universe be pleased, and look after the universe. You are the Goddess of moving and non moving things.
4. O Devi, as you are the mother earth, you alone are the support of the world. You are water and you quench the thirst of the people. O Devi of immeasurable valour.
5. O Devi, you are the shakti Vaishnavi (the power of Shri Vishnu) of unending strength, you are the primordial seed of the universe, the supreme Maya. You have enticed all and when you are pleased, there is liberation on the earth.
6. O Devi, all kinds of knowledge are your forms. All women in the world are of your form. You alone have occupied the whole universe. You are the Paraa Vaani (highest and subtlest form of speech) beyond all praises, so which praise is really appropriate for you?
7. O Devi, you are praised in all scriptures as one who grants liberation and kingdom of God to all beings. So what letters or words can there be to praise you?
8. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani who is residing in the hearts of all as the Buddhi and leading all to the heavens.
9. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani who gives the effect of time in the forms of Kalaa, Kashthaa (small units of time) and the shakti beyond the universe.
10. Salutations to you O Narayani, who is three eyed, one to be surrendered, Shri Gauri, the consort of Shri Shiva, auspiciousness is all that is auspicious, and the one who endows all success.
11. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani who is the eternal Shakti behind the sustenance and destruction of the whole creation, who is within and beyond the three gunas.
12. Salutations to you O Devi, who is prompt to protect and help out all those sufferers who surrender to you.
13. Salutations to You O Devi Narayani who took the form of Brahmani (the Shakti of Brahma) and was sprinkling water with kusha grass, while riding in the heavenly car (or airplane of swan).
14. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani who was mounted on great bull in the form of Maaheshwari (the shakti of Shiva) and was wielding trident, crescent moon and snake.
15. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani who took the form of Kaumari (the Shakti of kartikeya) riding on peacock and was wielding great (invincible) shakti.
16. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani who took the form of Vaishnavi (the Shakti of Shri Vishnu) wielding the conch and the weapons; mace, discus, bow of Shri Vishnu, known as sharangadhara. Be pleased with us.
17. Salutations to you O Narayani, the bestower of all benevolence, is wielding great discus in the hand and raising the earth in the form of great boar, with its teeth.
18. Salutations to you O Narayani, who in the form of ferocious lion, killed the demons and protecting the three worlds.
19. Salutations to you O Narayani who in the form of Aindri (the Shakti of Indra) wearing the crown, weilding great thunder and having a thousand bright eyes, killed the demon Vrutra.
20. Salutations to you O Narayani who in the form of Shiva dooti, made frightening war cry and assuming the terrifying form, killed the mighty army of demons.
21. Salutations to you O Goddess Chamunda Narayani whose mouth was dreadful due to her great teeth, who wore as an ornament the garland of human heads and killed demon Munda.
22. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani, Laxmi, Lajja, Mahavidya, Shraddha, Pushti, Swadha, Dhruva, Maharatri, Mahamaya.
23. Salutations to you O Devi Narayani, Medha, Saraswati, Baabhravi, Taamasi, Niyati (destiny) be pleased.
24. Salutations to you O Devi Durga, the whole universe is your form, the Goddess of all, all powers are present within you, please save us from calamities.
25. Salutations to you O Goddess Katyayani, may this pleasing face of yours decorated with three eyes protect us from all fears.
26. Salutations to you O Bhadrakali may your trident which looks dreadful due to fire coming out of it, and which destroys mighty demons, protect us from calamities.
27. O Devi, may your bell, the sound of which spread everywhere and destroys the glory of demons, protect us from sins, just as a mother protects her son.
28. O Devi chandika, may the sword in your hand, from which the blood of demons is dropping, be auspicious to us.
29. O Devi, when you are pleased, you eradicate all diseases. When you are annoyed, no desire is fulfilled. Those who come to you for shelter, become capable of giving shelter to others.
30. O Devi Ambika, you have divided your form into many and have destroyed adharmik demons, who else can do it?
31. O Devi, all knowledge, all scriptures, and tenets of Vedas, contain your praise. You are the one who bring the people over and over again into the darkness of ignorance and attachment.
32. O Devi, wherever, there are dreadful demons, poisonous snakes, powerful armies of enemies and dacoits, wherever there are all burning fires and deep sea, you are present and protecting the universe.
33. O Goddess of the universe, you are looking after the universe. You are supporting the universe, as it is your own form. O Devi, the lord of the universe bows before you. Those who are humble before you with devotion, provide shelter to the universe.
34. O Devi, as you have protected us by killing the demons, please always protect us from enemies, please dispel all sins and diseases and calamities which befall reward of sins.
35. O Devi, dispeller of calamities of the universe be pleased with us. O Devi! who is worshipped by the three worlds, be pleased and grant boons.