Stage I (Replace “Stage I” with the name of the appropriate course, for example “French I”)
Description of course: (Insert course description given to students when they select courses, for example from the “Program of Studies”.)
Major Concepts: (Insert yearly units directly from the textbook OR school’s World Language curriculum: big ideas and information students need to know by the end of the year.)
Discipline Course Content and Process Skills Competencies:
1.Communication: Communicate in French.
2.Cultures: Gain knowledge and understanding of the cultures of the francophone world.
3. Connections: Use French to connect with other disciplines and expand knowledge.
4. Comparisons: Develop insight through French into the nature of language and culture.
5. Communities: Use French to participate in communities at home and around the world.
GOAL ONE: COMMUNICATION
Communicate in French STANDARD 1:1 Interpersonal Communication
Standard 1:1 Students engage in conversation or correspondence in French to provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions.
A student will be able to:
Knowledge / Content
A student will understand:
SPA: Sample Performance Activities / Assessments A student will demonstrate skill:
Resources / Notes
School Mission Statement
1. Greet others and respond to greetings.
1. Cultural gestures of greeting and proper ways to greet different people within a variety of cultural contexts.
1. Role play, complete cloze activities.
Rubric 4. Oral Presentation: dialogs and plays (all levels)
2. Share likes and dislikes with each other.
2. How to express likes and dislikes from a given list.