GERMAN: STANDARDS, COMPETENCIES, & PERFORMANCE ACTIVITIES / ASSESSMENTS Stage I (Replace “Stage I” with the name of the appropriate course, for example “German I”)
Description of course: (Insert course description given to students when they select courses, for example from the “Program of Studies”.)
Major Concepts: (Insert yearly units directly from the textbook OR from the school’s World Language curriculum: big ideas and information students need to know by the end of the year.)
Discipline Course Content and Process Skills Competencies:
1. Communication: Communicate in German.
2. Cultures: Gain knowledge and understanding of the German-speaking world.
3. Connections: Connect with other disciplines and acquire information.
4. Comparisons: Develop insight into the nature of language and culture.
5. Communities: Participate in multilingual communities at home and around the world.