Simon Cowell, one of the judges of popular TV show “American Idol,” said:
“If you are going to sing, don’t pursue it… It was horrific; you are the worst singer I have heard in my life.”
“I've always believed that every single negative can lead to a positive. I'm more comfortable with that kind of reality than walking around with my head in the clouds thinking I've got the Midas touch.”
I. The Sins of the People.
A. The Sins of Israel.
1. Lack of faithfulness.
2. Lack of love (kindness)
3. No knowledge of God.
B. Charges against those who are in spiritual authority.
1. Those in leadership did not acknowledge God or His teachings.
2. The more the people sinned, the more they were addicted.
C. The Idolatry of the People
1. Chasing after other gods.
3. God gives up.
Romans 1:28 – “Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.”
II. Truth telling is an expression of love.
A. If we care, we are to tell the truth.
1. We tell the truth because we are concerned.
2. Telling the truth helps people to go on a right path.
B. The way we tell the truth is important.
2. The way we speak.
Colossians 4:6 – “Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.”
3. People need to know that you are genuine and you speak out of love.
4. Be specific.
5. Don’t worry about the results tell the truth and leave the outcome to God.