251.who is first woman deputy secretary general of untied nations?
a. sharmila tagore
b. shamshad akhtar
c. girija vyas
d. asha rose migiro
252. Author of book “a call to honor: in the service of emergent india”?
a. khushwant singh
b. jaswant singh c. amartya sen
d. rafiq zakaria
253. Mention the writer of “anand matha”?
a. harindra nath chattopadhyaya
b. bankim chnadra chatterjee c. rabindra nath tagore
d. mulk raj anand
254. Noble prize for economics for 2011 has been conferred on?
a. Thomas j sergent
b. Christopher a. sims
c. Christopher a. pissarides
d. both a and b 255. The 4th BRICS summit of 2012 held in?
a. new delhi b. Havana
256. Competition (amendment) bill, 2007 has replaced-
b. MRTPC c. securities contracts(regulation) bill 2005
d. electricity act, 2003
257. “priyadarshini” project is related to?
a. empowerment of rural women
b. survival of girl child
c. free education to all girls
d. none of these
258. “mid day meal” scheme was started in the year?
259. The duration of present five year foreign trade policy of government of india?
260. “pratibha kiran yojana” is a new scheme to promote higher education in girls introduced by?
d. Madhya Pradesh 261. “laadli laxmi yojana” has been launched by ………. Government for supporting girls of all religion and caste upto their marriage
b. Madhya Pradesh
262. Videsh sanchar nigam ltd. Has been renamed as?
a. reliance sanchar nigam ltd.
b. tata sanchar nigam ltd.
c. tata communications ltd. d. bharti communications ltd.
263. The most densely populated country in south asia is?
c. Maldives d. sri lanka
264. Revenue deficit as a percent of GDP in budget 2012-13 was estimated at?
d. 3.4% 265. “aam aadmi bima yojana” is social security scheme for rural landless households is implemented by the noddle agency?
a. national insurance co.
b. state government c. UTI
266. In national mineral policy(1993), which mineral was allowed for having investment from private sector?
a. coal b. iron
267. Minimum support price is recommended by?
b. state government
c. ministry of agriculture
d. CACP 268. Which state possess the maximum percentage of SC population?
d. Punjab 269. Which percentage of net central taxes have been recommended by the 13th finance commission to be transferred to states?
c. 32% d. 30.5%
270. The newly appointed person as chairman of CBEC is?
b. S.K goyal c. rajiv chandrashekhar
d. venugopal dhoot
271. Kutir jyoti scheme is associated with?
a. promoting cottage industry in villages
b. promoting employment among rural unemployed youth
c. providing electricity to rural families living below the poverty line
d. all of these
272. Novelis has been acquired and merged with
a. tata steels
c. HINDALCO d. jindal steels
273. OTCEI is?
a. atomic submarine of china
b. economic policy of USA
c. an indian share market d. a defence research organisation
274. Which is the first export processing zone declared as free trade zone in india?
c. santacruz d. falta
275. Which day has been declared as “balika diwas” by the ministry of women and child development?
a. april 5
b. july 9
c. October 9
d. December 9 276. For total subsidy, allocation in union budget 2012-13 is about?
a. 160000 crore
b. 120000 crore
c. 110000 crore
d. 190015 crore 277.rural women can avail the benefit of mahila samriddhi yojana if they open their account in?
a. rural post offices b. commercial banks
c. rural development bank
d. any of these
278. Which committee recommended tax on agriculture holdings?
a. bhootlingam committee
b. wanchoo committee
c. raj committee
d. none of these 279. Ministry of HRD has announced to hike FDI limit in education to?
c. 75%d. 100% 280. “ pure banking, nothing else” is a slogan raised by?
a. ICICI bnak
b. HDFC bank
c. SBI bank d. UTI bank
• Former Prime Minister of India and the head of unsteady coalition government in 1990s who died at the age of 92 following brief illness on 30 November 2012 -Inder Kumar Gujral
• Chairperson of the National League of Democracy of Myanmar who visited India from 13 November 2012 to 18 November 2012 -Aung San Suu Kyi
• TheUS special envoy to Af-Pak (Afghanistan-Pakistan)who on 27 November 2012 announced his resignation-Marc Grossman
• The person who was sworn-in as Brazil's Supreme Court's first non-White President on 23 November 2012 -Joaquim Barbosa
• The former President of the Federative Republic of Brazil, was awarded withIndira Gandhi Prize for Peaceon 22 November 2012-Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
• The Bihar Cadre Senior IPS Officer of 1974 batch was appointed as nextdirector of Central Bureau of Investigationon 22 November 2012 for two years-Ranjit Sinha
• Royal Opera House chief executive who on 22 November 2012 was appointed asdirector general of the BBC-Tony Hall
• The Pakistani National and the lone surviving terrorist of 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attacks who was hanged on 21 November 2012 at Pune’s Yerwada Jail -Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab
• The person who was appointed as thehead coach of the men’s National Basketball Teamin the third week of November 2012 by the Basketball Federation of India (BFI)-Scott Flemming
• The former Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court on 19 November 2012 was appointed as thenew Chairperson of the Election Commission of The Indian Olympic Association (IOA)-Anil Dev Singh
• The 23rd official James Bond movie which became the highest-grossing installment in the 50-year-old franchise-Skyfall
• TheChairman of Assam TribuneGroup of Newspapersdiedon 17 November 2012 at his residence in Rajgarh -Tulsi Govinda Baruah 281. As per 2012-13 union budget, service tax rate is? a. 8% b. 15% c. 10% d. 12%282. Indian state having lowest infant mortality rate? a. Maharashtra b. goa c. Gujarat d. kerala 283. Which of following has maximum share in GSM mobile phone service market? a. Vodafone b. airtel c. BSNL d. reliance 284. Economic planning is in? a. union list b. state list c. concurrent list
d. not any specified list
285. Poverty data in india is measured on which of the following basis? a. universal recall period b. mixed recall period c. both a and b d. none of these 286. Oil refinery at bhatinda is established by? a. IOC b. HPCLc. reliance d. BPCL 287. Which panel was appointed by finance ministry to review the service tax issues? a. abhijit sen panel b. ahluwalia panel c. rastogi panel d. rangarajan panel 288. Namestey india 2007 was a mahotsav held to strength the socio-economic relation between india and a. Ecuador b. Puerto rico c. Dominican republic d. japan 289. IMF has raised the quota and voting share of india which places india at……..place among 185 members of the organisation? a. 10th b. 11th c. 12th d. 13th 290. In 2012-13 budget proposals, maximum revenue collection is proposed from? a. service tax b. income tax c. excise duty d. corporation tax 291. Which of following is not a component of human development index? a. life expectancy
b. adult literacy
c. infant mortality rate d. number of people living below poverty line 292. To which community/org. maximum goods are exported from india? a. EEC b. commonwealth nation c. SAFTA d. OPEC 293. According to 2011 census, during 2010-11 the lowest(-ve) population growth was founded in? a. Madhya Pradesh b. Manipur c. rajasthan d. Nagaland 294. First noble prize in economics was given to? a. Milton friedman b. ragnar frish and joan timbugenc. Thomas C. schillings d. finn kydland 295. On the basis of global peace index, which country tops the list of most peaceful country in the worlda. Norway b. india c. Ecuador d. Puerto rico Which is the Granite City?-Aberdeen, Scotland
Which is the Dark Continent?-Africa
Which is the City of the Golden Temple?Amritsar, India
Which is the Land of the Golden Fleece?Australia
Which is the Land of the Kangaroo?Australia
Which is the Island of Pearls?Banrain
Which is the Garden City of India?Bangalore
Which is the Cockpit of Europe?Belgium
Which is the White City? Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Which is the Gateway of India?Bombay
Which is known as the the Great White Way?Broadway, NewYork
Which is known as the Land of the Golden Pagoda?Burma(Myanmar)
Which is known as the City of Palaces?Kolkata
Which is the Land of Lilies?Canada
Which is the Land of Maple?Canada
Which is the Windy City?Chicago, USA
Which is the Venice of East?Alappuzha
Which is the Queen of Arabian Sea?Cochin, India
Which is the Pearl of the Antilles?Cuba
Which is the Gift of Nile?Egypt
Which is the Land of Thousand Lakes?Finland
Which is known as The Emerald Island?Ireland
Which is the Island of Pearls?Bahrain
Which is the Sugar Bowl of the World?Cuba
Which is known as the Land of Rising Sun?Japan
Which is the Hermit Kingdom?Korea
Which is the port of five Seas? Moscow
Which is the Land of Canals?Netherlands
Which is the Empire City?NewYork
Which is the Land of White Elephant?Thailand
Which is the Sick Man of Europe?Turkey
Which is the Queen of the Adriatic?Venice
Which is the Island of Cloves?Zanzibar
Which is the Venice of the North?Stockholm
Which is the City of the Golden Gate?San Francisco
Which is the City of Seven Hills?Rome
Which is the City of Brotherly Love?Philadelphia
Which is the City of Dreaming Spires?Oxford
Which is the Land of Windmills?Netherlands
Which is the Land of the Canals?Netherlands
Which is the Land of Thunderbolt?Bhutan
Which is the Holy Land?Palestine
Which is Land of Humming Bird?Trinidad
Which is the Rose Pink City?Jaipur
Which is the playground of Europe?Switzerland
Which is the Diamond City in India?Surat, Gujarat
Which is known as The Herring Pond?Atlantic Ocean
Which is known as the Sorrow of China?River Hwang Ho
Who is known as Frontier Gandhi?Abdul Gaffar Khan
Who is known as Fuhrer?Adolf Hitler
Who is known as Lokmanya?Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Who is known as Deenabandhu?C F Andrews
Who is known as Anna?C N Annadurai
Who is known as Rajaji?C Rajagopalachari
Who is the Grand Old Man of India?Dadabhai Naoroji
Who is the Iron Duke?Duke of Wellington
Who is known as Ike?Dwight David
Who is known as the King Maker?Eisenhower Earl of Warwick
Who is known as Desert Fox?Erwin Rommel
Who is the Lady with the Lamp?Florence Nightingale
Who is El Cauclillo? Francisco Franco
Who is the known as Chacha?Jawaharlal Nehru
Who is known as Loknayak?Jayaprakash Narayan
Who is known as Maid of Orleans?Joan of Arc
Who is known as Man of Peace?Lal Bahadur Shastri
Who is known as Punjab Kesari?Lala Lajpat Rai
Who is the Father of the Nation? Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Who is known as Guruji?M S Gohlwalkar
Who is Man of Destiny? Napolean Bonaparte
Who is Man of Blood and Iron?Otto Von Bismark
Who is known as Gurudev?Rabindranath Tagore
Who is the Nightingale of India?Sarojini Naidu
Who is known as Netaji?Subhash Chandra Bose
Who is the Wizard of the North? Walter Scott
Who is the Grand Old Man of Britain? Willian Ewart Glandstone
1. According to the Economic Survey 2011-12, the growth in agriculture and allied sector in 2011-12 is estimated to be:
(a) 2.5% (b) 4% (c) 7% (d) 3%
2. Which one among the following countries is the largest trading partner of India?
(a) USA (b) China (c) UAE (d) Russia
3. Which of the following organisations is known as the soft loan window of the World Bank?
(a) International Development Association (IDA)
(b) International Finance Corporation (IFC)
(c) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
(d) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4. According to Economic Survey 2011-12, the share of Agriculture and allied sector in GDP of India is:
(a) 15% (b) 18% (c) 20% (d) 13.9%
5. The rate at which we can convert one currency into another currency is know as :
6. Which of the following is not a case of inflation?
(a) rise in general level of prices of goods (b) rise in value of money (c) rise in general level of prices of services (d) too much money chasing to few goods
7. Which one of the following is not correct regarding proposed White Label ATMs in India?
(a) It will be owned and operated by Non Bank entities.
(b) From such White Label ATM customer from any bank will be able to withdraw money
(c) The customer will not have to pay a fee for the services. (d) It will not display logo of any particular bank.
8. Which of the following Index aims to measure the effects of price changes on the cost of achieving a constant standard of living (i.e. level of utility or welfare)?
(a) WPI (b) CPI (c) COLI (d) PPI
9. What is the name of the head of the Panel recently constituted by the Reserve Bank of India to suggest ways to strengthen the rural cooperative credit structure?
(a) Prakash Bakshi (b) Sabeer Bhatia (c) Yaswant Sinha (d) Y. Subrahmaniam
10. The Indian economist, who is among the 26 people who have been appointed by the UN to advise the world body on the global development agenda beyond 2015, is:
(a) Amartya Sen (b) Sanjeev Bhattacharya
(c) Devendra Tripathi (d) Abhijit Banergee
11. Which of the following Stock Exchanges has emerged as the world's largest in terms of the number of trades in equity segments for the first six months of the 2012?
(a) New York Stock Exchange (b) National Stock Exchange, Mumbai (c) London Stock Exchange (d) Singapore Stock Exchange
12. The Chairman of the expert committee on GAAR (General Anti Avoidance Rules) is:
(a) Y.V Reddy (b) Parthasarathi Shome
(c) Sri Kumar Banargee (d) Vayalar Ravi
13. Which of the following retail Groups, in India, is the 50:50 partner of world's largest retailer Walmart Stores Inc?
(a) Bharti Group (b) Reliance group (c) Sara Group (d) Future Group
14. Embraer is the third-largest commercial aircraft manufacturer in the world. Its head-quarter is located in which of the following countries?
(a) Germany (b) France (c) USA (d) Brazil
15. Which among the following State governments has signed a memorandum of understanding with Life Insurance Corporation to provide insurance coverage to about 7.8 lakh kendu leaf pluckers?
(a) Chhattisgarh (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) Odisha (d) Jharkhand
16. Indian state which stands first in the production of sugarcane is:
(a) Uttar Pradesh (b) Maharashtra (c) Bihar (d) West Bengal
17. Who is the author of the book 'Planned Economy for India'?
(a) Dada Bhai Naoroji (b) M. Vishweshwarya (c) R. C. Datt (d) Jawahar Lal Nehru
18. The objective of the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) is:
(a) to provide connectivity to all unconnected habitations of more than 500 in rural areas
(b) to provide connectivity to all unconnected habitations of more than 250 persons in hilly areas
(c) both (a) and (b) (d) none of these
19. As per Census 2011 of India, India's population growth rate during 2001-11 stood at:
a full fledged State: a) Jharkhand b) Chhattisgarh c) Arunanchal Pradesh d) Sikkim
10. President of India can be impeached by a) Specially constituted Tribunal b) Supreme Court c) Central Cabinet d) Parliament
11. Who among the following was the leader of Cabinet Mission? a) Stafford Cripps b) Linlithgow c) A.V. Alexander d) Sir Pethick Lawrence
12. In which one of the following battles did Nadir Shah defeat the Mughal Emperor Mohammad Shah? a) Delhi b) Karnal c) Panipat d) Kanpur
13. Mahabashya was written by a) Gargi b) Manu c) Bana d) Patanjali
14. The song ‘Jana-Gana-Mana’ composed by Rabindra nath Tagore was first published in January 1912 under the title of a) Rashtra Jagrati b) Tatva Bodhini c) Bharat Vidhata d) None of the above
15. Sher Shah died while fighting in a) Chausa b) Kalinga c) Kalinjard) None of the above
16. Biosphere reserves are meant to a) Preserve wild land flora and fauna b) Experiment and develop forest products c) Experiment and develop agriculture products d) All the above
17. Days and nights are caused because of a) shape of Earth’s orbit b) revolution movement c) rotational movement d) None of the above
18. Chennai gets less rain than other places from the South-West monsoons because
a) The monsoon runs parallel to Coromandel coast
b)Chennai is too hot to allow moisture to condense
c) They are off-shore winds
d) All the above
19. The climate of India is
20. Laterite soils are found in a) heavy rainfall region b) desert region c) tropical region d) tropical region with wet and dry climate
a)SEWA associates itself with
b)bhartiya mazdoor sangh is the 2nd largest central trade union organization of india.
c)which of the following is true with regards to 'indian youth congress'
a)largest democratic youth org in the world
b)indira gandhi supported it
C)rajiv satav is the current head
D)all of the above
d)malcolm x is associated with
5)who was awarded 'india's social entreprenur of the year' award by sheila dixit?
6)which of the following books is not written by david bornstein?
B)banker to the poor
7)Where was the world economic forum held in india (6-8 november)?
8)who is founder of 'teach for india'?
10)who founded 'teach for america'?
11)Who is called as the father of social enterpreneurship?
12)sumaira abdullah is associated with?
13)john abraham is associated with
B)bhumi hukka andolan