a. 4, 1 b. 3, 1 c. 2,1 d. 2,2 17.india ranks………..in production of sugar industry and ranks………..in production of jute in whole world? a.2, 1 b. 1,1 c. 3,1 d. 4,1 18.the national stock exchange of india is …………….largest stock in world? a. 12th b. 14th c. 15th d.16th 19.yellow, pink and silver fiber revolutions are respectively related to? a. oilseeds, cotton, poultry b.oilseeds,shrimp,cotton c. cotton, shrimp, poultry d. none of these 20.who is known as “father of green revolution”? a. m.s swaminathan b. Mhinder singh randhawa c. Varghese kurien d. none of these 13. Which of the following programs meets the credit needs of poor women?
a) Mahila Samriddhi Yojna
b) Rashtriya Mahila Kosh c) Indira Mahila Yojna
d) Mahila Samakhya Programme
14. National income is the
a) Net National Product at Market price
b) Net National product at factor coast
c) net domestic product at market price
d) net domestic product at factor cost
15. Which of the following programs aims at the promotion of savings among rural women?
b) Rashtriya Mahila Kosh
c) Mahila Samriddhi Yojna d) Indira Mahila Yojna
e) Javhar Rozgar Yojna
4. The terms TRIPS and TRIMS are related to
5. In which year was the new liberalized industrial policy announced in India?
c) 1991 d) 1992
21. Author of book “planned economy of india” is? a. mahinder singh randhawa b. b.r ambedkar c. visvesvaryya d. none of these 22.national planning council was established in? a.1965 b. 1975 c. 1985 d. 1995 23.the goals of monetary policy do not include? a. maximum output b. full employment c. price stability d.maximum tax revenue 24. The consumer’s surplus can be defined as? a. extra units of commodity bought b. surplus commodity left after consumption c.difference between actual price and potential price
d. total consumer satisfaction 25. Marginal utility, a consumer derives from good is? a.change in his total utility as a result of adding one unit to his stock to goodb. utility derived from particular good
c. change in utility derived as a result of change in price of good d. change in his total utility when he buys extra units of good 26.” If the Indian airlines is making loss on passenger traffic, it should increase its prices” the suggested remedy would only work if demand for air travel had a price elasticity of? a. 1 b. less than 1 but more than 0 c. greater than 1 d.0 27. Currency drain is phenomenon reffered to when a.holding of currency by foreigners in country goes up
b. domestic currency is exported c. the currency holding by parallel economy increases d. bank’s cash is drained into non bank customers 28. The two-gaps theory refers to? a. savings gap and wage-goods gap b.savings gap and exchange gap
c. savings gap and employment gap d. the wage-goods gap and exchange gap 29. The demand for good is elastic if? a.demand for that good increases when price falls b. decrease in price results in decrease in total expenditure c. quantity demanded increases less than proportionately with decrease in price level d. increase in public expenditure 30. Saving is function of? a. investment b. export c. improvement in productivity d.income
31. Bank rate means?
a. interst rate charged by money lenders
b. interest rate charged by scheduled banks c. rate of profit of banking institution d.official rate of interest charged by central bank of the country 32.currency notes in india are printed and supplied by? a. security press, nashik b. security press, Mumbai c. security press, noida d. rbi, new delhi 33. When did india become member of international monetary fund? a. 1947 b. 1950 c. 1951 d. 1955 34. The first Indian bank was a.traders bank b.imperial bank c.presidency bank, Kolkata d. none of these 35.second nationalization of commercial bank was held in? a. 1979 b. 1980 c.1981 d. 1982 36.in 1944, planning and development department was set up under the chairmanship of? a. a. dalal b. pt. jawahar lal Nehru c. visvesvaryya d. none of these 37.who was first governor of RBI? a. obsborne arkall smith b. C.D deshmukh c. visvesvaryya d. none of these
38. First Indian governor of RBI?
a. obsborne arkall smith b. C.D deshmukhc. visvesvaryya d. none of these 39.Small industries development bank of india(SIDBI) was established in? a. 1989 b. 1990 c. 1991 d.1992 40.national bank of agriculture and rural development (NABARD) was established in? a. 1982b. 1985 c. 1986 d. 1987 41. Export-Import bank of india(EXIM) was established in? a. 1982 b.1983 c. 1984 d. 1985 42. Industrial bank od india(IDBI) was established in? a. 1961 b. 1962 c. 1963 d. 1964 43. Largest number of regional rural banks(RRB’s) are in which state? a. Maharashtra b. keralac. UP d. Jharkhand 44. First regional rural bank(partham grameen bank) was established in 1975 at ? a. nashik(maharashtra) b. jalgaon(maharashtra)
d. Moradabad(UP)45. First regional rural bank of india (pratham grameen bank) was sponsored by which bank? a. state bank of india b. oriental bank of commerce c. syndicate bank d. dena bank 46. …………… committee recommended the lead bank scheme in 1969? a.nariman committee b. C. rangarajan committee c. tendulkar committee d. none of these 47.life insurance corporation was established in? a. 1954 b. 1955 c. 1956d. 1957 48.general insurance corporation was established in?a. 1973 b. 1974 c. 1975 d. 1976 49. New pension scheme (NPS) is regulated by? a.PFRDA(pension fund regulatory and development authority) b. SEBI(securities and exchange board of india) c. LIC d. none of these 50. Insurance regulatory and development authority (IRDA) was established in? a. 1999 b. 2000 c. 2001
NOTABLE DEATHS OF SOME GIANTS PASSING AWAY IN RECENT MONTHS
Amit Saigal- Founder of India’s first rock music magazine, Rock Street Journal
Homai Vyarawalla - First Indian woman to work as photo journalist
Sukumar Azhikode - Author of Tatvamasi, a book which won Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award, Kerala Sahithya Akademi Award, Vayalar Award and the Rajaji Awards
Kartar Singh Duggal- Padma Bhushan 1988. An author and ex director of AIR
Raj Kanwar - Noted film director. Directed Shahrukh Khan in Deewana. Introduced Priyanka Chopra.
O P Dutta - Writer of Border and LOC Kargil. Won lifetime achievement award in 2006
V S Acharya - Minister of Higher Education in Karnataka.
Sailen Manna - Only Asian Footballer ever to be named among the 10 best Captains in the world by the English FA in 1953. Represented India in Olympics and Asian Games. Played for record 19 years for Mohun Bagan.
Ranganath Misra- Chief justice of India 1990-91
Verghese Kurien- Father of White revolution, Amul and IRMA.
Joy Mukherjee- 60′s Film Actor.
N. K. P. Salve - Credited with bring world cup to India in 1987. Father of ex-Solicitor General of India, Harish Salve
Govind Narain - Padma Vibhushan in 2009. Ex Governer of Karnataka. Grand father of TV Journaloist Vikram Chandra
Ranjitsinhrao Gaekwad - Maharaja of Baroda
Leela Dube- One of the earlier faculty at IRMA, she was a known anthropologist.
J. C. Bhattacharyya- Credited with discovering thin atmosphere around Jupiter’s sattellite Ganymede.
Anadi Sankar Gupta - Noted mathematician. Faculty at IIT Kgp
Abid Hussain- Padma Bhushan 1988. IAS officer and economist.
Hiren Bhattacharyya - Noted Assamese poet. Awarded Sahitya Akademi Award in 1992
Dara Singh- Wrestler, MP and Film Actor. First sportsperson to be nominated to Rajya Sabha
Rajesh Khana - Film Actor. Original Super star.
P. N. Dhar - Noted economist, Padma Vibhushan 2008
Vilasrao Deshmukh- Ex CM Maharashtra. Was Minister of Science and Technology
Ashok Mehta - Film Cinematographer. Most famous work, Bandit Queen
A. K. Hangal- Film Actor
51. “ the bills those remain overdue for a period of more than 90 days from the end of particular quarter” are known as:
a. non performing assets
b. net performing assets
c. selective credit control
d. none of these
52. Housing development finance corporation ltd. (HDFC) was established in?
c. 1977 d. 1978
53.under which amendment act, RBI is empowered to determine CRR for the commercial banks in the range of 3 % to 15% for the aggregate demands and liabilities?
a. RBI amendment act, 1961
b. RBI amendment act, 1962 c. RBI amendment act, 1963
d. none of these
54.in order to address the complaints and grievances of customers against banks, a forum has been formed known as………
a. banking ombudsman b. banking complaints and grievances authority
c. customer satisfaction forum
d. none of these
55. Name the bill issued by RBI to meet the short term requirement of all funds
a. treasury bill b. money bill
c. monetary bill
d. none of these
56. ………… is used by banks to meet their temporary requirements of cash
a. treasury bill
b. call money c. commercial paper
d. none of these
57……………..is a popular instrument for financing working capital requirements of company?
a. treasury bill
b. call money
c. commercial paper d. none of these
58…………..are short term instruments issued by commercial banks and special financial institutions, which are freely transferable from one party to another.the maturity period of them ranges from 91 days to 1 year?
a. commercial papers
b. cosumer price index
c. certificate of deposit d. none of these
59. industrial and finance corporation of india (IFCI) Was established in?
b. 1948 c. 1949
60.small industries development bank of india was set up in?
b. 1990 c. 1991
61. ……………was/were set up in 1964 as an investment trust(‘s) with capital of rs. 5 crore subscribed by rserve bank of india, LIC, state bank of india and other financial institutions?
b. UTI c. both a & b
d. none of these
62. NABARD was established with paid up capital of rs. Having 50:50 contribution of Indian government and RBI?
a. 50 crores
b. 100 crores c. 150 crores
d. 200 crores
63. Which amendment act defines non banking financial company(NBFC) which has its principal business , the receiving of deposits under any scheme or arrangement and lending in any manner?
a. RBI Amendment act, 1997 b. RBI amendment act, 1998
c. RBI amendment act, 1962
d. RBI amendment act, 1949
64.which committee in 1991 recommended the operation of merchant banks in framework of deregulated industrial economy?
a. tendulkar committee
b. narsimham committee c. joshi committee
d. rahul committee
65.the fund established in the form of a trust by a sponser to raise money through one or more schemes for investing in securities is known as
a. double bond fund
b. mutual fund c. saving fund
d. regulatory fund
66. Securities and exchange board of india was set up on: a. 1984 b. 1985 c. 1987 d. 1988 67. What is “plastic money”? a. money issued by RBI to SEBI b. ATM’S, smart cards etc. c. money in form of gold and silver d. none of these 68. IMF and IBRD are also known as: a. twin sistersb. bretten wood twins
c. twin brother banks
d. Alexander twins 69.international development association(IDA) IS an associate institution of world bank known as………… window of world bank? a. soft loan b. hard loan c. crush loan d. none of these 70.IDA was established on? a. 1978 b. 1976 c.1960 d. 1955 71. International finance corporation(IFC) WAS established on? a. 1955b. 1956 c. 1957 d. 1980 72.International monetary fund(IMF) was developed on? a. 1942 b. 1943 c. 1944d. 1945 73.all quotas and transactions of IMF are expressed on? a. SDR(special drawing rights) b. SDR(special designed rights) c. MDR(money drawing rights) d. FDR(funds drawing rights) 74. ANOTHER name of SDR is? a.paper money b. plastic money c. special money d. paper gold 75.asean development bank(ADB) WAS established in 1966 on recommendations of? a. IMF b. World bank
c. economic commission for asia and far east
d. none of these 76.headquarters of IMF and IBRD, ADB are in a. manila, Washington d.c b.Washington d.c, manila c. geneva, manila d. vieanna, manila 77.which committee made recommendations for consumer service improvements in bank? a. narsimha committee b. goiporia committee c. joshi committee d. none of these 78. Which committee is related to agriculture credit? a. r.v gupta committee b. narsimha committee c. joshi committee d. tendulkar committee 79.insurance regulatory and development authority was established in? a. 1997 b. 1998 c, 1999d. 2000 80. Which committee is related to credit and flow problems of SSI’s? a. S.L kapoor committee b. chandrate committee c. j.j irani committee d. joshi committee Hoover Medal - Narayana Murthy Friends of Liberation War Honour - Jagjivan Ram Indira Gandhi National Integration award - Gulzar WISE Prize - Madhav Chavan Jnanpith Award - Chandrashekhara Kambara Saraswati Samman - A.A. Manavalan Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award - D. R. Mehta Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna - Vijay Kumar & Yogeshwar Dutt
Kyoto Prize - Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
Ramon Magsaysay Award - Kulendei Francis Kalidas Samman - Anupam Kher Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development - Ela Bhatt 81.which committee is related to improvement of insurance sector? a. malhotra committee b. tanushree dutta committee b. sakshi committee d. yamini committee 82. “BCSBI” stands for? a. banking codes and standard boards of india b. board code for standards in branchs c. board codes for standards in banks d. none of above 83. As per KYC policy, the list of terrorist organisations is supplied to banks by? a. government of india b. CIBIL c. IBAd. RBI 84. Asset reconstruction company is associated with a. DICGC b. ECGC c. NPA d. SEBI 85. Association of national exchange members of india(ANMI) is a body consisting of? a. bankers AND SEBI b. SEBI and IBA c. brokers operating in national exchange d. bankers, SEBI, IBA & RBI 86.authorized dealers for foreign exchange transactions are appointed by? a. RBI b. individual banks c. FEDAI d. government of india 87. Banking services offered to units setup in special economic zones(SEZ’s) HAVE BEEN exempted from paying which tax? a. capital gains tax b. income tax c. service tax
d. none of these
88. By “deemed exports” it means a. supplies of goods and services to units within country which can earn foreign currency to country b. exports made by units situated in EPZ areas to out of country c. exports made by EOU out of country d. anticipated values of exports 89. Banks should not grant new loans for purpose of minor irrigation in a. white block b. grey block c. dark block d. all of these 90. Borrower’s ability to meet immediate liabilities is indicated by? a. current ratio b. acid test ratio c. debit equity ratio d. none of these 91. Capitalization of reserves is carried out by issue of ………to existing shareholders a. additional shares b. bonus shares c. incentives d. none of these 92. Certificate in respect of an SSI unit is given by? a. RBI b. chamber of commerce c. district industries centre d. none of these 93. Closed economy is one in which? a. only export takes place b. money supply is fully controlled c. deficit financing takes pace d. none of these 94. Concept of “service area approach” was recommended by? a. r.v gupta b. a.d gorawala c. p.d ohja committee d. dr. kalia 95. Deposits under NRE/FNCB accounts are linked to? a. base rate
b. SIBORc. LIBOR
d. none of these 96. Electronic fund transfer scheme of RBI has been renamed as?
b. core banking solutions
c. real time gross settlement
d.national electronic fund transfer 97.government policy to raise income by additional taxes and allocation of expenditure is called?
b. monetary policy
c. income policy
d. fiscal policy 98. Generally, the lead bank in a district is the bank which is
a. having government business