d. 1978 220. The first devaluation of Indian currency took place in? a. 1947 b. 1950 c. 1951 d. 1949 221. Indian currency was last devalued in? a. 1955 b. 1956 c. 1991 d. 1951 222. The new bank of india was merged on 1993 with? a. state bank b. Punjab national bankc. central bank d. state bank of Patiala 223. A firm is said to be of optimum size when? a. average total cost is at minimum b. marginal cost is at minimum c. marginal cost is equal to marginal revenue d. the firm is maximizing its profit 224. The slope of an indifference curve represents the? a. elasticity of demand is good b. marginal rate of substitution between two goods c. ratio of prices of two goods d. postion of consumer equilibrium 225. The elasticity of a straight line demand curve a. may have varying values along its length
b. must be equal to zero
c. must be equal to infinity d. must be equal to one 226. If the elasticity of demand for good is equal to (-) 2% then a 1% rise will a. raise quantity demanded by 2% b. raise total revenue by 1% c. lower the quantity demanded by 2% d. lower the quantity demanded by 1% 227. An indifference curve for an individual consumer represents graphically? a. the quantities of one good which are equal to quantities of another good b. the way in which consumer spends his income on two goods c. the possible combination of two goods which he can buy with incomed. combination of two goods which have the same marginal utility 228. Of the gross tax revenue of the union government, the indirect taxes accounts for only? a. 70% b. 75% c. 65% d. 60% 229. For most of consumers, milk and tea are substitute goods . therefore we should expect a rise in price of milk to lead to? a. a rightward shift in the demand for the other commodity b. a leftward shift in the supply curve of tea c. a fall in price of tea d. an upward shift in demand curve for tea
230.if the marginal propensity to save of the rich is greater than that of poor, then a redistribution of income from poor to rich will raise?
a. the average propensity to consume b. consumption out of given incomec. saving out of given income d. neither consumption nor saving out of given income 231.when was india’s first human development report(HDR) Published?
a. june 2000
b. april 2002 c. may 2001
d. may 2007
232. “Adhaar” number is of how may digits?
c. 12 d. 18
233. Who is main head or president of island development authority?
a. president of indiab. prime minister c. home minister
d. minister of rural development
234. Which of following is odd one out?
c.ONGCd.ESSAR OIL235. When was SAIL established?
a. 1974b. 1984
236. Where are the headquarters of council for advancement of people’s action and rural technology(CAPART)
c. new delhi d. nashik
237. The layout of second five year plan was based on the model of?
a. b.n gadgil
b. p.c mahalanobis c. v.k.r.v roy
d. none of these
238. The establishment year of “india brand equity fund” is?
239. When was the formal announcement of establishment of “Indian ocean rim association for regional corporation” was announced?
a. 5 march, 1996
b. 5 march, 1997 c. 1 april, 1998
d. 15 august, 1947
240. During the time period of which five year plan, slogan of “garibi hatao” was made?
c. fourth d. second
241. According to 2011 census, which of the following state is below than average literacy rate of india?
c. odisha d. Bengal
242. Which of the following country is not a member of “BIMSTEC”?
a. Pakistan b. india
d. shri lanka
243. which of the following state is ahead than others from industrial point of view?
a. west Bengal
c. Maharashtra d. Madhya Pradesh
244. how many nations are the members of BIMSTEC?
b. 7 c. 8
245. Largest producer of mineral oil is?
a. Saudi arab
246. Which five year plan is also known as “rolling plan”?
247.which of the following country has highest production of wheat ?
b. china c. USA
248. The first EPZ was established in?
d. soorat249. Which of following is related to “blue revolution”?
a. fish b. pottery
250 “dhoom machade, rang jamade” is punch line of which company?
a. coca cola
c. paan parag d. thums up
Q1. The great scientist ..... himself with ability and moderation all ..... the conference.
(1) felt, about
(2) displayed, in (3) disclosed, besides (4) conducted, through (5) presented, though
Q2. In a world ..... by men for so many years, women are only though ..... for jobs like typists, receptionists and teachers.
(3) despatched, control (4) sponsored, power
(5) set up, rights
Q5. The leaders were ..... needed by those to ..... they were addressed.
(1) angrily, who
(2) readily, which (3) scarcely, whom (4) rarely, where
(5) joyfully, when 1. I’m afraid our plans have fallen _______. We’ll have to think again
2. Many friends have known of his habit of stealing that __________ him infamous.
a would make
b has made c have made
d will make
3. Come, visit me in Goa and it will be just the _______ we so urgently need, writes Aimee Ginsburg to a friend stubbornly_______ of its storied charms.
a sanctuary immune
b evasion inured
c escape unconvinced d dodging uninitiated
4. The government has _______ its savings and is mired in a debt crisis that is no longer sustainable without help from the EU—which is _______for drastic cuts.
a dissipated clinkering
b squandered clamoring c expended vociferating
d trifled remonstrating
Project Nanhi Kaliis anIndian non-governmental organisationthat supports education for underprivileged girls inIndia. Founded byAnand Mahindrain 1996, it is jointly managed by theNaandi Foundationand theKC Mahindra Education Trust, which is part of the corporate social responsibility activities of theMahindra Group. Currently, Project Nanhi Kali supports over 57,000 students.
Project Nanhi Kali sees educating girls and women as a way to positively impact India in the long run. Sheetal Mehta, the president of the non-profit organisation, told theDaily News and Analysisin an interview that "we wanted to create global awareness about the plight of young girls in the country who are denied their basic right." Students who are selected for Nanhi Kali receive both financial and academic support. They attend special classes to learn math, science, and language concepts. Nanhi Kali pays for thehidden costsof their education, including pencils, notebooks, uniforms, school bags, clothes, and shoes. Funding is from individual and corporate donors, who sponsor a particular child and receive regular updates on her progress at school. Sponsors can also go to the online "Girl Store" to purchase particular items for a student. The Mahindra Group sponsors the education of 11,000 girl children through Project Nanhi Kali. Third-party assessments show that Nanhi Kali has a significant impact on the girls' lives. Over a one year period, Nanhi Kali students' improvement in learning outcomes ranged from 40 percent in tribal Chhattisgarh to 78 percent in Mumbai. Child Labor The 2001 national census of India estimated the total number of child labour, aged 5–14, to be at 12.6 million. Child labor problem is not unique to India; worldwide, about 217 million children work, many full-time.
In 2001, out of a 12.6 million, about 12 million children in India were in a hazardous job.UNICEFestimates that India with its larger population, has the highest number of labourers in the world under 14 years of age, while sub-saharan African countries have the highest percentage of children who are deployed as child labour.International Labour Organizationestimates that agriculture at 60 percent is the largest employer of child labor in India, while United Nation'sFood and Agriculture Organizationestimates 70 percent of child labour is deployed in agriculture and related activities. Outside of agriculture, child labour is observed in almost allinformal sectorsof the Indian economy.
Acts Article 24 of India's constitution prohibits child labour. Additionally, various laws and the Indian Penal Code, such as the Juvenile Justice (care and protection) of Children Act-2000, and the Child Labour (Prohibition and Abolition) Act-1986 provide a basis in law to identify, prosecute and stop child labour in India. NGOs Many NGOs like Bachpan Bachao Andolan,CARE India,Child Rights and You,Global march against child labor,RIDE Indiaetc. have been working to eradicate child labour in India.
Prathamis India's largest non-governmental organization with the mission 'every child in school and learning well.' Founded in 1994, Pratham has aimed to reduce child labour and offer schooling to children irrespective of their gender, religion and social background. It has grown by introducing low cost education models that are sustainable and reproducible.In 2005, Pratham was involved in coordinating a child labour rescue operation with India's Ministry of Labour and police, when around 500 children were rescued fromzarisweatshops inNew Delhi.
341.india state of forest report 2011 puts forest area in the country at: a. above 30% b. between 27% to 30% c. below 25%
d. between 30 % to 35%
342. CONCORD of 8 states of northern region is a scheme of? a. FICCI b. ASSOCHAM c. CII d. a joint scheme of all of the above 343. Which scheme is not related with rural development? a. TRYSEM b. JRY c. IRDPd. CRY 344. What portion of earth in india is covered with forests? a. 1/5 b. 1/4 c. 1/3 d. 2/5 345. ECOMARC is a symbol related to? a. export goods b. import goods c. goods safe for environment d. best quality 346. Income tax in india was introduced by? a. sir Charles wood b. lord macaule c. james Wilson d. William jones 347. Durgapur steel plant was constructed with assistance given by a.britain b. france c. USA d. germany 348. India and Bangladesh has made an agreement to run train between two countries between? a. sialdah and Dhaka b. sialdah and jaidevpur c. Kolkata and Dhaka d. Kolkata and jaidevpur
349. “planning and the poor” book is written by:
a. david Ricardo b. b.s minhasc. gunner Myrdal d. none of these 350. Name the only miss india universe , which was honoured by government of Jharkhand with collaboration of Indian post by releasing post cards and stamps featuring her? a. vanya mishra b. priyanka chopra c. sushmita sen d. tanushree dutta 296.which Indian plan ensured high growth rate as compared with target growth? a. 2nd b. 3rd c. 5th d. 8th 297. Which committee was constituted for reforms in tax structure? a. narsimham committee b. chelliah committee c. gadgil committee d. kelkar committee 298. KVIC(khadi and village industry commission) was established during? a. 3rd plan b. 2nd plan c. 5th plan d. 4th paln 299. The country producing maximum silk in the world is? a. india b. japan c. south koread. china
300. The minimum support price of wheat(per qt.) for marketing year 2012-13 was declared to be?
a. 1250 b. 1080 c. 1100d. 1285 301. According to 2011 census, which state has maximum slum population? a. UP b. MP c. maharshtra d. Jharkhand 302. National rural development institute is situated at? a. shimla b. Hyderabad c. patna d. new delhi 303. Nirmal gram pursakar is associated with? a. rural drinking water b. enlarging forests c. elementary education d. total sanitation campaign 304. The first garib-rath has been flaged between? a. delhi-patna b. delhi-chennai c. delhi-mumbai d. Amritsar-sarsa 305. Which of folloeing is not member of EEC? a. Poland b. germany c. Italy d. U.K 306. What is “super-301”? a. a name of modern computer b. a new variety of rice c. American trade law d. Ecuador trade law 307. Which day is celebrated as “national excise duty day”? a. 26th January
b. 24th February
c. 14th april d. 10th june 308. Lahiri committee is associated with? a. industrial sickness b. minimum support price of agriculture productsc. price structure of edible oil d. handicraft exports 309. IRDA constituted a committee for studying various aspects related to health insurance of senior citizens under the chairmenship of? a. r. chidambram b. v. kishore singh deo c. k.s shastri d. abhijit sinha 310.how many zones are there in Indian railways at present? a. 16b. 17 c. 18 d. 19 311. Which sector got high rate of growth in its cooperative units?
a. sugar b. cotton textile
312. The first fully literate district outside the kerala state is?
a. wardhman(west bengal) b. chinelpattu(tamil nadu)
313. Tax information network(TIN), started in January 2004 is associated with?
a. sales tax
b. excise duty
c. income tax d. corporation tax
314. Indravati hydroelectric project is multipurpose project of?
d. odisha 315. Primary deficit is measured by fiscal deficit less
a. revenue deficit
b. public debt
c. interest payment d. depreciation
316. Which of following committee is related to infrastructure financing?
a. Deepak parekh committee b. t. Shankar committee
c. t.s vijayan
d. o.p garg
317. National stock exchange has introduced a new share index in place of NSE-100 in april 1996. It is known as
318. Who has been the chairman of newly constituted UIDAI?
a. rahul khullar
b. nirupama rao
c. nandan nilekani d. d subba rao
319. Which state has not yet established any RRB?
a. sikkam and goa b. bihar and rajasthan
c. sikkam and arunachal Pradesh
320. “canfina” is associated with?
a. canara bank b. SBI
c. national housing bank
d. standard chartered bank
321. Operation flood programme was introduced in?
b.1970 c. 1975
322. Health insurance business is associated with?
c. GIC d. state trading corporation
323. Which day has been decided to celebrate as income tax day
a. july 21
b. july 22
c. july 23
d. july 24 324. DWCRA was merged with?
d. SGSY 325. In which state “kanya vidyadhan yojana” is operational?
a. UP b. MP
326. Which rank india attains in tobacco production?
d. 6th 327.”food for work programme” is renamed as?
b. IRDP c. NREP
328. SITTDEC-“south investment trade and technology data exchange centre” is a scheme of?
329.which fertilizer is mostly consumed in india?
a. N b. P
d. all are used in equal ratio
330. Indian banks have maximum foreign branches in?
b. U.K c. USA
d. sri lanka
331. “golden handshake scheme” is associated with?
a. inviting foreign companies
b. private investment in public enterprises
c. establishing joint enterprises
d. voluntary retirement
332. Sunderrajan committee was related to?
a. petroleum b. energy
d. air transport
333. As per Indian state of forest report 2011, the state having maximum forest area is?
b. Madhya Pradesh c. arunachal Pradesh
d. uttar Pradesh
334. Who is chairman of “ASSOCHAM”?
a. pramod dev
b. raj kumar dhut c. jagdish kapoor
d. kamlesh verma
335. What is CRR minimum limit for a commercial bank to be deposited with RBI?
a. 3% b. 10%
336. TRIPS “trade related intellectual property rights” and TRIMS “trade related investment measures” are associated with?
a. preston proposal
b. dunkel proposal c.chelliah committee
d. none of these
337. As a result of green revolution, which foodgrains had a reduced percentage in total foodgrains production?
c. cereals and pulses d. none of these
338. Which city is known as ‘electronic city”?
b. banglore c. jaipur
d. salem(tamil nadu)
339. Which bank in india became the first bank to open its branch in china?
a. IDBI bank
c. state bank of india d. Punjab national bank
340. Which of following is not helpful in controlling money supply?