A Christmas Carol – Comprehension Questions
10. Bob Cratchit offers a toast to Scrooge. His feelings toward Scrooge
are obviously different from those of his wife. What would cause
difference in their feelings?
11.Using complete sentences, explain the lesson that Scrooge learns
from each of the spirits.
12. Which spirit most frightened Scrooge? Why?
13. Which spirit has the greatest effect on Scrooge? Why?
14. Scrooge says, “I am not the man I was.” What does he mean? What
has caused the change?
15. Explain why the visions of the future convince Scrooge to change?
does he see this promise as a way to alter his present life?
17. List several changes that had taken place in Scrooge by the end of
18. How does Scrooge show he is sincere about his promise to keep
Christmas all year?
19. Scrooge says he is happy that the “time” before him is his own.
Explain what this means and why is time now so important?
20. In five to seven sentences predict what Scrooge’s future life will be