OFFICE: T 329 Brockton OFFICE HOURS: M,W,F 12:00 PHONE: Ext. 1829
ENGLISH COMP. II WEB SITE: http://www.billaucoin.com/login/EnglishCompTwo3.htm
EMAIL: email@example.com MCC Library Password: 29894000246184
A course designed to strengthen the student's skill as a writer and to focus on analysis and argument. Assignments will include critical examination of literature and the techniques of the research essay. Emphasis is on writing as a part of the process of thinking and writing.
1. Students will develop higher-level writing skills.
2. Students will develop the ability to analyze a piece of literature.
3. Students will develop the ability to present a persuasive analysis argument.
4. Students will develop the ability to write a research paper.
5. Students will develop and appreciation of literature and its
value for understanding life and the essence of being.
Students will be required to complete: 10 one page Research Reports, 1 analysis essays and 1 research paper. All essays will be a minimum of 600 words and should contain no major errors. All essays and papers must be typed. Details of the research paper will be explained.
GRADING WEIGHT: Analysis essays 10%
Research Reports 25%
Research paper 10%
Final exam 10%
ATTENDANCE POLICY: Students must complete work on schedule
ASSIGNMENTS: All assignments are due one within 48 hours to maintain eligibility for an A or B grade.
Monday May 24, 20010 Step by Step Tasks: