PROFESSIONAL TRAINING (Advanced workshops & RBI professional courses) • Print and production • Cover design
• Use of colour • Advanced design
• Freelance management • News/feature subbing
2008 – to date
Clients include: Reed Business Information, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, two Medical Education agencies, Blur Creative Agency, Salon Business, a medical book publishing company
PRODUCTION CONTROLLER with leading publishing group – a global information provider for security and intelligence. Flatplans, purchase orders, proofreading marketing material for 2009, prepress production and liaising with suppliers. Designed corporate prepress information PDF for advertisers.
• Attracted mainstream media interest from national newspapers, local radio stations, BBC news online and BBC Radio 4’s Today programme with design, layout and graphics for cover story
• Helped to forge distinctive visual style of publications – for example, using 1950s comic strip style to illustrate biotherapy feature on use of maggots, leeches, bee venom and hookworms
• Played a proactive role in major newspaper relaunch and website launch
• Attracted sponsorship from market-leading pharmaceutical companies through design of numerous supplements and projects
• Responsible for two weekly, full-colour newspapers for GPs and hospital doctors, and monthly magazines for GPs, consultants and practice nurses.
Practice Nurse, Update, supplements
• Achieved success with the redesign of a major monthly educational title resulting in it becoming market leader within six months of redesign launch.
• Played an active role in a sales/editorial team successfully pitching for the business of a major pharmaceutical company and securing a £100k sponsorship deal. Designed and produced a successful series of sponsored personal and professional development plans for medical professionals.
• Designed and co-ordinated annual Conference daily newsletter on site around UK including commissioning photographers.
• Founder member of RBI Design Forum, which led to increased design awareness and improved best practice in design.