Superb U= Exceptional used condition for the issue
VFU = “Very Fine Used” with either a clear neat cancel or a neat corner cds, well centred for issue with nice perfs, and 4 margins on imperfs
FU = “Fine Used” still an attractive stamp with a fairly neat average cancel for issue, may be somewhat off centred, perfs may be slightly irregular or imperfs may have less than 4 margins
GU = “Good Used” an average used stamp that may have a heavy or smudged cancel or minor blemishes from postal use
CTO = “Cancelled To Order” note: VFU or FU stamps may in fact be CTO.
In all cases for single lots the presence of any fault/defects will be mentioned.
Our full terms and conditions of sale are printed on the back of the bid sheet.
CONDITION OF STAMPS
IN COLLECTIONS & ACCUMULATIONS:
- Any such lots may contain some material with faults, which is taken into account when setting the reserves & estimates on such lots.
- Description of condition of such lots is on the basis of what is the prevailing condition of the material ie: “Mostly F-VF” means some faulty items as well.
- As is the rule with all public auctions; collections, accumulations & mixed lots are not returnable.
- We encourage bidders to view such larger lots before auction, have somebody view for them, or ask us for extra information.
- We are always happy to answer any queries about specific stamps that are in a particular lot & their condition and/or provide photocopies or scans of key items.
- Also, we are happy for bidders to phone us during the viewing times (but not on auction day!) and ask for expanded description of any lots. One of our describers will then take out the lots and go through it with you on the phone answering any questions about contents, condition etc.
CONDITION OF COVERS / CARDS etc:
Postally used covers/cards can be expected to show some wear consistent with their age and travel through the mails such as light filing folds, backflap or edge faults from opening, slight reductions etc. Unless severe these will not be mentioned, and are not grounds for returns.
Weitere Informationen über Auktionlose können auf Deutsch zur Verfügung gestellt werden.