1989 J. Walter Sokolov Prize for best essay, Reconstructionist Rabbinical College.
for You’ll Know When You Get There: Herbie Hancock and the Mwandishi Band,
Recordings on CD, CD-ROM and DVD At This Time, Bob Gluck & Tani Tabbal (Ictus CD), November 2017.
Infinite Spirit: Revisiting the Music of the Mwandishi Band (Bob Gluck with Billy Hart,
Eddie Henderson, Christopher Dean Sullivan), January 2016.
Tropelets, Bob Gluck & Andrew Sterman (Ictus CD), March 2014
Textures and Pulsations for two pianos, Bob Gluck & Aruan Ortiz (Ictus CD 167), November 2012
Bob Gluck Trio: Returning (FMR CD 292), May 2011.
Something Quiet, w/ Joe Giardullo and Christopher Dean Sullivan (FMR CD 294), January 2011.
Neil Rolnick: Extended Family (Innova Records), 2011. Solo piano performance of “Faith.”
Bob Gluck Trio: Sideways (FMR CD 251), 2008.
Electric Brew (EMF Media, CD 069), 2007.
Electric Songs (EMF Media, CD 051), 2003.
Stories Heard and Retold (EMF Media, CD 008), 1998.
ROBERT J. GLUCK
Recordings on CD, CD-ROM and DVD (continued) Compilations: 60 x 60 Project 2004-2005, Vox Novus CD, 2007.
Shankar Barua, The Idea 7. New Delhi (India), 2004, CD-ROM.
Robert Gluck and Cynthia Rubin, "Layered Histories" (video), ICMC 2004: Expanded Horizons
(DVD), San Francisco: ICMA (one of eleven works selected).
Shankar Barua, The Idea 6. New Delhi (India), 2003, CD-ROM.
· You’ll Know When You Get There: Herbie Hancock and the Mwandishi Band.
University of Chicago Press, August 2012 (paper, 2013).
· The Miles Davis Lost Quintet and Other Revolutionary Ensembles.
University of Chicago Press, February 2016 (paper, 2017).
Current project: Paul Winter and his Circles: interfacing music, ecology, and education
Refereed publications on Music and Musicology
· “Paul Bley and Live Synthesizer Performance.” Jazz Perspectives, Spring 2014.
· Interview with David Rosenboom on his early career: late 1960s-early 1970s. Journal SEAMUS,
Society for Electroacoustic Music in the United States. forthcoming 2014.
· “Electric Circus, Electric Ear and the Intermedia Center in Late-1960s New York." Leonardo 45:1,
MIT Press. Winter 2012.
· Nurturing Young Composers: Morton Subotnick's Late-1960s Studio in New York City."
Computer Music Journal, 36:1, Spring 2012.
· "A Conversation with Ilhan Mimaroglu," Journal SEAMUS, Society for Electroacoustic Music in
the United States, Spring 2012. Also published in Jazz Dergisi, Istanbul, Nov. 2012.