Fall Semester Exam
Section I – Aerobics/Conditioning/Warm Up Choose the best answer
1. What is the main purpose of warming up before exercise? What is good technique always emphasized?
2. What are some of the most important benefits of aerobic exercises?
3. What is the meaning of cardiovascular?
4. What is the complete name of the person who created the exercises we call Pilates? What was his original purpose and use for these movements?
5. Name and describe the correct execution of FOUR Pilates exercises?
A. Biceps/Triceps/Scapula B. Hamstrings/Quadriceps/Glutes
C. Patella/Achilles Tendon/ Gastrcnemius D. Iliopsosas/ External Obliques
7. Which of the following is NOT an exercise to strengthen or stretch the rectus abdominus?
A. Pilates “hundreds” B. cobra or swan stretch
C. Plank D. box or runner’s stretch
Section II – Draw and label 10 of the most important details about “Betty/Bob the Ballet Dancer” and relate the historical facts to the correct body posture used today.
Word List – words could be used more than once or not at all