703.25 Camera HOUSING & PAN/ TILT / ZOOM FACILITY 14
703.26 CAMERA & LENS 16
703.27 CAMERA CONTROL 18
703.28 cAMERA COMMUNICATIONS 19
703.29 POWER SURGE & LIGHTNING PROTECTION 19
703.30 CAMERA SCREEN WASH & WIPE FACILITY 21
703.31 SPARE PARTS & TOOLS 21
703.32 – 703.35 NOT USED 21
Civil Requirements 22
703.36 CONFLICT WITH DRAINAGE PIPES AND OTHER SERVICES 22
703.37 Trenching and Backfill 22
703.38 REINSTATEMENT AND CLEAN-UP 22
703.39 ROAD CROSSINGS 23
703.40 – 703.44 NOT USED 23
703.45 General 23
703.46 camera and pole installation 24
703.47 INSTALLATION OF COMMUNICATIONS CABINET OR ‘TOP-HAT’ FOR SIGNALS CONTROLLER CABINET 28
703.48 mains connection 29
703.49 Electrical Installation 29
703.50 INTEGRATION WITH TOC DVTEL CAMERA SYSTEM 30
703.51 INSTALLATION OF SAFETY BARRIERS 30
703.52 – 703.54 NOT USED 31
Acceptance and test criteria 31
703.55 Acceptance testing 31
703.56 INSPECTION and Test Plan 33
703.57 - 703.64 Not Used 34
703.65 CCTV Design Documents 35
703.66 Equipment Specifications 35
703.67 CCTV Inspection and test plan 35
703.68 INFRASTRUCTURE INFORMATION 35
703.69 - 703.74 Not Used 35
AS BUILT AND HANDOVER requirements 36
703.75 AS-BUILT INFORMATION 36
703.76 – 703.84 NOT USED 37
CONTRACT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS 38
703.85 – 703.90 NOT USED 38
ANNEXURE 703A MAIN ROADS STANDARD DRAWINGS 39
CONTRACT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS TO ADD OR DELETE 40
SPECIFICATION 703 GUIDANCE NOTES 41
delete these guidance notes from final document after using for reference 41
CLOSED CIRCUIT TELEVISION MONITORING CAMERAS
1. This specification defines the requirements for the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras, including web cameras, for interfacing into the existing Main Roads Western Australia (MRWA) Traffic Operations Centre (TOC)
The scope of work covered by this specification includes:
The supply and installation of the camera housing, and camera pole.
The supply and installation of the communications cabinet or traffic signals top-hat extension.
The supply, installation and testing of all communications and associated equipment.
The interfacing of all camera sites into the existing MRWA TOC CCTV system.
The supply of as-constructed documentation and any relevant training information.
1. Australian Standards, MAIN ROADS Western Australia Standards and MAIN ROADS Western Australia Test Methods are referred to in abbreviated form (e.g. AS 1234, MRS 67-08-43 or WA 123). For convenience, the full titles are given below:
Acts and Regulations
Govt. of Western Australia Office of Energy WA Electrical Requirements
Electricity Act 1994 and associated Amendments and Regulations and Electrical Safety Act 2002 and associated Amendments, Regulations and Codes of Practice
AS 100 Technical drawings
AS 1101 Graphical Symbols for General Engineering – Welding and Non-Destructive Examination
AS 1163 Structural Steel Hollow sections
AS 1289, F3.3 Soil Strength and Consolidation Tests
AS 1554.1 Welding of Steel Structures
AS 1554.2 Arc Stud Welding
AS 1939 Degrees of Protection Provided by Enclosure for Electrical Equipment (IP Code)
AS 2312 Guide to the protection of structural steel against atmospheric corrosion by the use of protective coatings.
TOP HAT Upwards extension module for controller cabinet used to mount communications and other equipment.
WEB Camera Camera used for streaming traffic footage to Main Roads Website.
703.04 CONTRACTOR RESOURCES
1. The Contractor shall ensure that all work is performed by technically competent persons, and that all electrical work shall be performed by licensed electricians.
2. The Contractor shall provide all equipment necessary to perform the required work.
3. The Contractor shall have a temporary facility for testing the operation, visibility and range of motion of cameras at the nominated sites to accurately determine the final exact pole position and height. These shall be verified and approved by the Main Roads Project Manager prior to the ordering of any camera poles.
order of precedence
The following order of precedence (in descending order of precedence) will apply to resolve any ambiguity or discrepancy in the referenced documents and standards to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict, ambiguity or discrepancy.