1. Sukadeva Gosvami said: The present Manu, who is named Sraddhadeva, is the son of Vivasvan, the predominating deity on the sun planet. Sraddhadeva is the seventh Manu. Now please hear from me as I describe his sons.
2-3. O King Pariksit, among the ten sons of Manu are Iksvaku, Nabhaga, Dhrsta, Saryati, Narisyanta and Nabhaga. The seventh son is known as Dista. Then come Tarusa and Prsadhra, and the tenth son is known as Vasuman.
4. In this manvantara, O King, the Adityas, the Vasus, the Rudras, the Visvedevas, the Maruts, the two Asvini-kumara brothers and the Rbhus are the demigods. Their head king [Indra] is Purandara.
5. Kasyapa, Atri, Vasistha, Visvamitra, Gautama, Jamadagni and Bharadvaja are known as the seven sages.
6. In this manvantara, the Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared as the youngest of all the Adityas, known as Vamana, the dwarf. His father was Kasyapa and His mother Aditi.
7. I have briefly explained to you the position of the seven Manus. Now I shall describe the future Manus, along with the incarnations of Lord Visnu.
8. O King, I have previously described [in the Sixth Canto] the two daughters of Visvakarma, named Samjna and Chaya, who were the first two wives of Vivasvan.
9. It is said that the sun-god had a third wife, named Vadava. Of the three wives, the wife named Samjna had three children--Yama, Yami and Sraddhadeva. Now let me describe the children of Chaya.
10. Chaya had a son named Savarni and a daughter named Tapati, who later became the wife of King Samvarana. Chaya's third child is known as Sanaiscara [Saturn]. Vadava gave birth to two sons, namely the Asvini brothers.
11. O King, when the period of the eighth Manu arrives, Savarni will become the Manu. Nirmoka and Virajaska will be among his sons.
12. In the period of the eighth Manu, among the demigods will be the Sutapas, the Virajas and the Amrtaprabhas. The king of the demigods, Indra, will be Bali Maharaja, the son of Virocana.
13. Bali Maharaja gave a gift of three paces of land to Lord Visnu, and because of this charity he lost all the three worlds. Later, however, when Lord Visnu is pleased because of Bali's giving everything to Him, Bali Maharaja will achieve the perfection of life.
14. With great affection, the Personality of Godhead bound Bali and then installed him in the kingdom of Sutala, which is more opulent than the heavenly planets. Maharaja Bali now resides on that planet and is more comfortably situated than Indra.
15-16. O King, during the eighth manvantara, the great personalities Galava, Diptimari, Parasurama, Asvatthama, Krpacarya, Rsyasrnga and our father, Vyasadeva, the incarnation of Narayana, will be the seven sages. For the present, they are all residing in their respective asramas.
17. In the eighth manvantara, the greatly powerful Personality of Godhead Sarvabhauma will take birth. His father will be Devaguhya, and His mother will be Sarasvati. He will take the kingdom away from Purandara [Lord Indra] and give it to Bali Maharaja.
18. O King, the ninth Manu will be Daksa-savarni, who is born of Varuna. Among his sons will be Bhutaketu, and Diptaketu.
19. In this ninth manvantara, the Paras and Maricigarbhas will be among the demigods. The king of heaven, Indra, will be named Adbhuta, and Dyutiman will be among the seven sages.
20. Rsabhadeva, a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, will take birth from his father, Ayusman, and his mother, Ambudhara. He will enable the Indra named Adbhuta to enjoy the opulence of the three worlds.
21. The son of Upasloka known as Brahma-savarni will be the tenth Manu. Bhurisena will be among his sons, and the brahmanas headed by Havisman will be the seven sages.
22. Havisman, Sukrta, Satya, Jaya, Murti and others will be the seven sages, the Suvasanas and Viruddhas will be among the demigods, and Sambhu will be their king, Indra.
23. In the home of Visvasrasta, a plenary portion of the Supreme Personality of Godhead will appear from the womb of Visuci as the incarnation known as Visvaksena. He will make friends with Sambhu.
24. In the eleventh manvantara, the Manu will be Dharma-savarni, who will be extremely learned in spiritual knowledge. From him there will come ten sons, headed by Satyadharma.
25. The Vihangamas, Kamagamas, Nirvanarucis and others will be the demigods. The king of the demigods, Indra, will be Vaidhrta, and the seven sages will be headed by Aruna.
26. The son of Aryaka known as Dharmasetu, a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, will appear from the womb of Vaidhrta, the wife of Aryaka, and will rule the three worlds.
27. O King, the twelfth Manu will be named Rudra-savarni. Devavan, Upadeva and Devasrestha will be among his sons.
28. In this manvantara, the name of Indra will be Rtadhama, and the demigods will be headed by the Maritas. Among the sages will be Tapomurti, Tapasvi and Agnidhraka.
29. From the mother named Sunrta and the father named Satyasaha will come Svadhama, a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He will rule that manvantara.
30. The thirteenth Manu will be named Deva-savarni, and he will be very advanced in spiritual knowledge. Among his sons will be Citrasena and Vicitra.
31. In the thirteenth manvantara, the Sukarmas and Sutramas will be among the demigods, Divaspati will be the king of heaven, and Nirmoka and Tattvadarsa will be among the seven sages.
32. The son of Devahotra known as Yogesvara will appear as a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. His mother's name will be Brhati. He will perform activities for the welfare of Divaspati.
33. The name of the fourteenth Manu will be Indra-savarni. He will have sons like Uru, Gambhira and Budha.
34. The Pavitras and Caksusas will be among the demigods, and Suci will be Indra, the king of heaven. Agni, Bahu, Suci, Suddha, Magadha and others of great austerity will be the seven sages.
35. O King Pariksit, in the fourteenth manvantara the Supreme Personality of Godhead will appear from the womb of Vitana, and His father's name will be Satrayana. This incarnation will be celebrated as Brhadbhanu, and He will administer spiritual activities.
36. O King, I have now described to you the fourteen Manus appearing in the past, present and future. The total duration of time ruled by these Manus is one thousand yuga cycles. This is called a kalpa, or one day of Lord Brahma.