* Are both of these books in the same genre? Are they also in different genres?
* What are the sources of conflict in Governor’s Dog? In Dog 4491? Is one more exciting than the other?
* Besides the point of view, what is another major difference in how these stories are written (present versus past tense)? Do you like one more than the other? Why?
* Compare the main male character in each book. What’s different about them? What is the same?
* What similar tools does the author use in both books? (humor, action verbs, simile…)
* Are any characters in Dog 4491 non-living (the Expressway)? In Governor’s Dog (Helena itself)
NOTE: Dog 4491 is available in print form from Bucking Horse Books, distributed by Mountain Press. It is also available as an e-book.