TERMS & CONDITIONS – The Mahurangi Matters Short Story Competition 2015
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to New Zealand permanent residents only. Employees and immediate families of Local Matters 2005 Ltd and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
3. To enter the “Mahurangi Matters Short Story Competition”, entrants must complete the official entry form, which can be downloaded (HERE) and sent with your manuscript to: The Mahurangi Matters Short Story Competition, PO Box 701, Warkworth; or dropped into the Mahurangi Matters office at 17 Neville Street Warkworth. A digital copy of the story must also be supplied by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The “Mahurangi Matters Short Story Competition” entries commence on Wednesday, July 1, 2015 and close at 5pm on Friday, October 30, 2015. Entries received later than 5pm on Friday, October 30, 2015 will not be accepted. Mahurangi Matters takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late, illegible or incomplete entries.
5. The maximum length of the entries is 1400 words. There is no age restriction on entries. Your story may be published in the Mahurangi Matters or on localmatters.co.nz.
6. The maximum length “teen section” is 1400. Entrants must be a teenager as at 1 July 2015. Your story may be published in the Mahurangi Matters or on localmatters.co.nz.
7. There is a limit of one entry per category that an individual may submit. Each entry must be accompanied by a completed 2015 entry form.
8. All entries must be accompanied by a manuscript, typed in English, doublespaced and on one side of A4 paper only.
9. Once an entry is submitted, the manuscript is final. The entry cannot be withdrawn and no alterations can be made to it.
10. All personal information is to be printed on a separate cover page, with only page numbers and story title on all other pages.
11. Entries may not contain any photographs or illustrations.
12. Manuscripts will not be returned to the entrants and must be submitted by the author
13. Stories must be the original work of the entrant alone, and no entry may have been published or broadcast, or submitted for publication or broadcast, or entered into any other competition until after February 1, 2016.
14. Once an entry is received no further publishing permission will be sought; the author is responsible for the legal implications of any work published.
15. All entries submitted remain the property of the entrant. However, Mahurangi Matters has the right to publish the winning and highly commended manuscripts without fee.
16. The finalists' names, entry details, biographical information and photographs will be required by Mahurangi Matters and will be used for promotional purposes without compensation. You consent to this use of your details by entering the competition and agree to your name being published without notification or prior approval.
17. The prize for the winners in each division are as follows:
Fiction Open winner $400
Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor redeemable for cash.
18. The finalists will be contacted by phone or email using the contact details provided.
19. Winners will be announced in the Mahurangi Matters. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
20. The judges’ decision regarding the winners’ is final and no correspondence will be entered into.