1. What are the steps involved in getting “stuff” in the flow chart?
2. Why is this said to be a “linear model”?
3. What is the significance of developed countries (North America, or U.S and Canada) using 3rd world countries resources? What will it cause?
4. What happens at production?
5. What groups are at the biggest risk for accumulating toxins in their system?
6. What happens to the people who move out of the areas we have stripped for resources?
7. What does “distribution” mean?
8. How are prices kept down?
9. What does “externalization of costs” of production mean?
10. What % of materials in North America are still in use 6 months after their date of sale?
11. Who “designed” our consumer oriented society?
12. What is “planned obsolescence”? Give an example.
13. What is “perceived obsolescence”? Give some example.
14. What seems to be happening to “happiness” in North America?
15. What are the 2 main leisure time activities?
16. Why is incineration bad?
17. What 2 places in the linear model does recycling help to reduce?