f) to drive
3)Change the sentences into negative and interrogative forms.
a) You have studied English for several hours.
b) Susan has gone to the market by herself.
c) I have heard a strange noise.
d) My relatives have traveled to London.
4) Complete using Simple Past or Present Perfect Tenses according to each sentence.
a)John________(fall) as he was crossing the street.
b)I _______(see) Mary a few days ago.
c)I ___________(read) that book several times.
d)I _________(visit) Chicago many times.
e)We____________(learn) many new words in English.
f)It ________(be) very cold yesterday.
g)She ________ (lose) her wallet on the street.
5) Use SINCE or FOR for the sentences below.
a)She hasn´t seen her hometown _________ 1997.
b)Karen hasn´t spoken Spanish__________ she returned from Spain.
c)We haven´t traveled by plane _____________ December.
d)I haven´t had anything to eat ____________ hours.
e)It has rained _____________ weeks.
f)They haven´t visited us ___________ years.
g)It hasn´t rained __________ last week.
h)I haven´t spoken Spanish __________then.
i)My grandfather hasn´t slept well ________ many months.
j)I haven´t seen him_________ more than a week.
6) Complete the sentences using DO or MAKE.
a) As you are on a diet, you must _____ without sugar and fat.
b) Don´t forget to ________ your homework.
c) “Jane, ______ the bed before going to school!”
d) “Could you please _________ me a favor?”
7) Passe as frases abaixo para o Present Perfect tense.
a) She talked to me about the game last week.
b) I kissed that little baby yesterday.
Responda em português as perguntas relacionadas ao texto abaixo:
8) Encontre no texto acima a tradução para as seguintes palavras:
a) cópia de humano
c) letal, fatal
9) Traduza a primeira frase do texo para o poruguês.
10) Find in the text “Tears of a Clone” a sentence in the Simple Past.
11) Find in the text “Tears of a Clone” a sentence with the main verb in the Past Participle.
12) De acordo com o texto quanto tempo vive a maiorida das ovelhas como Dolly?
Over 18.9 million. That’s how many boys and girls participated in the youth activities at the Salvation Army last year. Over 522,000 days of summer camp were provided. Other services included character building programs , recreational leagues, day care centers, music programs and after-school programs.
The aim? To help young people grow strong in body, mind and spirit. To learn more, contact your local Salvation Army. We’re there because you care.
13) Qual o objetivo apontando no texto oferecido pelo exército de Salvação?
14) Retire do texto uma frase contendo um verbo regular no passado.
15) O que quer dizer a frase ” We’re there because you care.”?
Leia o texto abaixo e responda às perguntas em português
16) Qual o acontecimento relatado acima?
17) A quantos outros coube o destino de Marie, na ocasião?
18) Encontre no texto, em inglês, as palavras que equivalentem a:
c) They will call If they ___________ any help. (need)
d) If I had gone to the party, I ____________ a lot with Susan. (dance)
24) Turn the sentences into Negative and Interrogative forms.
a) Joseph has gone to Bahia with Kathy.
b) We have bought a new house near the park.
Read the text and answer:
25) O que quer dizer a primeira frase do texto acima em português?
26) O trecho “Plants have fed the world… “ está em qual tempo verbal?
27) O que está sendo destruido de acordo com o texto?
28) Translate the words into Portuguese:
29) Qual é a profissão de Peter O´Connor?
30) Em que país ele trabalha?
31) O que que dizer de acordo com o texto a expressão “ Everyone has one foot in the kitchen”?
32) O que foi considerado um escândalo naquela época segundo o texto?
33) Complete the sentences using CAN, MAY or MUST.
a) People ________ leave whenever they want. (permission)
b) Mary _______ knit very well.(ability)
c) My brother _________ three languages fluently. (capacity)
d) If you are late, you ____________ go right now.(obligation)
e) You ________ be tired.(possibility)
34) Rewrite the following sentence using an anomalous verb.
a) Do you think I am able to drive a bus?
b) They are allowed to finish the task now.
c) She is not able to kill even a fly.
35) Qual é a idéia principal da letra da música e como se sente o cantor?
36) Transform the following sentences into Simple Future.