1. “What good are thorns?” What is the significance of the Little Prince’s question?
The prince is talking about the rose- will the sheep eat the rose even with the thornes- the sheep would eat the rose- prince wants to know the purpose of the thrones. Prince is concerned about the rose. 2. What is significant about the Aviator’s answer and his attitude?
Aviator was annoyed and wanted to get rid of the prince- stop asking him questions-
Aviator was trying to fix the plane.
3. What is the Aviator accused of being? How does it make him feel?
The flower is up there all alone- prince loves the flower- it’s the only thing he really cares about and if something happened to it he would be very upset.
1. What are the flowers like on Asteroid B612?
Very simple- single row of petals
2. What is different about this flower?
Grew slower, b/c it had more petals, it wasn’t from that planet and it was more beautiful than the other flowers. It was also vain.
3. How does the Little Prince feel about the flower? Why?
He loves the flower- it was dazzling- he takes care of it- protects it=
4. How does he react to the flower’s “vanity?”
Starts to mistrust the flower- he takes things to serious- listens to closely- runs away from the flower and his planet.
5. What does he mean when he says, “You must never listen to flowers. You must look at them and smell them…. I should have judged her according to her actions, not her words. I was too young to know how to love her.”
Should pay attention to the good stuff they do and ignore the bad stuff. Make sure you have some sanity and don’t lose yourself when you are talking to “the flower”
Journal- “Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image...” Do you agree with this? Why? How does it fit with this chapter? Ch. 9
1. What does the prince do to prepare for leaving? What does this show about him?