previous _____________ wealth______________ wealthy_____________
get lucky _____________ attract attention_________________________
slip ________________ sick of _______________________
politely ________________ pleasure_______________________
ordinary ________________ jewels_______________________
neat __________________ luxuries____________________
common ______________ hesitatingly_______________________
satisfaction______________ wave of her hand________________________
shame ____________ drives me mad___________________________
change the subject ______________ fashion ______________ fashionable___________
the common public______________
Literary Terms: Setting- The time where things in the story happen and the place where they happen.
Character- a person in a story or play
Narrator- the person who tells the story or who explains what is happening.
c. Is the narrator a character in the story? Who is the narrator?
2. Name Three facts about what the girl look like.
3. It wasn't the first time the man saw the girl in the park.
Copy the sentence that proves it.
4. Name two facts about what the man looked like.
5. Why did the man apologize to the girl
6. Why does the lady come to the park?
7. What doesn't the lady like about her life? Name three things
8. a. What does the girl know about cooling champagne? Copy the words that support your answer.
b. What does the man know about cooling champagne? How did he get that information?
c. What did the girl say to justify ( להצדיק) herself about this?
While The Auto Waits Part II lines 53-88
Write the meaning in Hebrew next to the following words.
Basic Understanding questions
1. Where did the Man say he worked?
2. What did he tell her about his profession?
3. What did the girl tell the man about the white car at the corner of the park?
4. What did the girl order the man to do after she left?
5. What was the young man doing while she was leaving the park?
6. Where did she go?
7. Who was the owner of the white car?
8. Why is the ending surprising?