22. Describe the exchange between Lily and T Ray the evening after he picked her up from jail.
23. Explain the simile “like I was making an inner tube that might keep me afloat.”
24. Lily describes herself as having “such a moment right then….” (41) And then goes on to say she heard a voice say “Lily Melissa Owens, your jar is open.” Explain the significance of that revelation.
25. How was Lily able to get into Rosaleen’s hospital room undetected?
26. Why was Lily so insistent that Rosaleen leave the hospital?
27. Where does Lily plan to go once she and Rosaleen leave the hospital?